176 replies to this topic

#21 jamesworth13

jamesworth13

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,660 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:26 AM

Ahhh. My explanation for anything I don't understand in Twin Peaks is just 'David Lynch'. It stops my brain from scrambling like eggs, as happens when you take druuugs.

#22 Guest_Apple Demilo_*

Guest_Apple Demilo_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:22 AM

Ok, so it's unresolved. What do you think was up with Sarah Palmer?

Leland was possessed by BOB as a child, surely BOB must have manifested himself much earlier than when he came to Laura as a girl. So, was BOB also tormenting Sarah Palmer, and was she as bonkers before Laura's murder as she was after?

Thoughts?

#23 jamesworth13

jamesworth13

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,660 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:28 AM

Robot.

I dunno really. My guess, or my take if I had to have one, is that she seems like she was always quite highly strung, so perhaps Leland had manifested BOB with her before. Perhaps she passed it off as his high-stress job affecting him, or maybe she was just in denial. Some combination of the two seems most likely. But then, it's been a while since I watched both series all the way through.

#24 toni_c1961

toni_c1961

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:55 AM

Ahhh. My explanation for anything I don't understand in Twin Peaks is just 'David Lynch'. It stops my brain from scrambling like eggs, as happens when you take druuugs.

yeah i agree with that. have you ever watched eraserhead? whew! anyway you guys got me going on this series again i plan on re-watching it, and since i haven't seen it since it was originally on tv i can't wait!

#25 Guest_Apple Demilo_*

Guest_Apple Demilo_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:27 AM

I watched the pilot last night. SO GOOD.

I think I laughed every time James Hurley was on the screen. He's such a 'smell the fart' actor.

#26 mittensonfire

mittensonfire

Little Room Lunatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,393 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:31 AM

i haven't seen it since it was originally on tv

Yeah, me either. I even went to see the movie. But I have no memory of any of it!

#27 Guest_Apple Demilo_*

Guest_Apple Demilo_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:36 AM

It is all on dvd now. Rent it, burn it, love it.

Or, shit, maybe I'll just make you copies some time.

Edited by Apple Demilo, 24 August 2007 - 08:37 AM.

#28 mittensonfire

mittensonfire

Little Room Lunatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,393 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:38 AM

I'll trade you the Mr Show shows for the Twin Peaks shows.

*and I just got season one of Kids In The Hall

Edited by mittensonfire, 24 August 2007 - 08:38 AM.

#29 Guest_Apple Demilo_*

Guest_Apple Demilo_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:40 AM

We have all that already. :)

#30 mittensonfire

mittensonfire

Little Room Lunatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,393 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:41 AM

Ummmmm.... I have all the News Radio seasons....!

* And the first 5 or 6 Simpsons seasons!

* And season one of The Incredible Hulk starring Lou Ferrigno and Bill Bixby!

* And season one of SNL too. Good lord.

Edited by mittensonfire, 24 August 2007 - 08:47 AM.

#31 Guest_Siteslinger_*

Guest_Siteslinger_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2007 - 12:35 AM

However, Sarah Palmer never suspected that Leland/Bob was molesting her own daughter? WTF?

Well, if you'll remember, shortly before Leland is revealed as the man possessed by BOB, even before the Giant appears to Agent Cooper in the bar ("It is happening again..."), Sarah Palmer crawls down the stairs and is crawling on the floor, where she sees a white horse and then passes out. She was probably drugged. But what I don't understand is, why would BOB care enough to sedate Sarah Palmer to keep her from finding out?

Actually, I don't care for the existence of the BOB character, really. It's just too easy to work without rules and be like "oh, uh, she was killed by an evil spirit!" But the show was stylish nonetheless, and while I didn't care for the technicalities of the resolution, it was still shocking and it still works for me. I just would have preferred that Leland is just a sick fuck who did these awful things to people deliberately.

#32 antiboy

antiboy

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,137 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 11:09 AM

yeah i agree with that. have you ever watched eraserhead?

I thought Eraserhead was one of his more coherent movies... I don't know.

I watched the pilot last night. SO GOOD.

I think I laughed every time James Hurley was on the screen. He's such a 'smell the fart' actor.

"Hey that's pretty good! For a minute, I thought you were actually trying to smell something!"

#33 Guest_Apple Demilo_*

Guest_Apple Demilo_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2007 - 12:32 PM

Posted Image

#34 Flizzzipper

Flizzzipper

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 08:35 AM

Posted Image
Boss, straight up gangsta!

#35 antiboy

antiboy

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,137 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 11:57 AM

That makes me miss Carnivale. :(

#36 antiboy

antiboy

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,137 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 02:18 PM

It is all on dvd now. Rent it, burn it, love it.

Despite promises to myself to the contrary, I still haven't seen any of it. I have been reminded to do so by this lovely beast:

Definitive Gold Box Edition : 10DVD
Posted Image

#37 Angelina79

Angelina79

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:14 PM

Listen to me, Lucy Moran, you just listen. When the Tacoma Sperm Bank was looking for donors, naturally I applied. It's my civic duty and I like whales. A routine physical examination revealed that I'm sterile. Sure I thought it meant that I didn't have to take a bath, but the doctors told me the truth. They told me I can't have babies. So what I wanna know now is why are you having one and how?

Almost fell off the sofa laughing.

#38 Angelina79

Angelina79

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:00 AM

I love that this show inspires this kind of crazy: http://www.intwinpeaks.com/ :wub:

A very kind little roomer sent me a bunch of dvds with all kind of twin peaks goodness on them. I saw footage from a store in Snoqualmie that was selling Twin Peaks memorabilia. I never considered looking for memorabilia that was of the same era of the show before. This has opened up a whole new area of obsession for me!

#39 Astra

Astra

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:54 PM

You guys never fail to come up with some kind of topic that interests me. I've seen a lot of Lynch. Eraserhead is good, but the first part of it's a tough watch with no dialogue. I haven't finished Twin Peaks. It's been a while since I've seen it - I think I got through the first season by watching it online. I think Netflix has it so I might have to dig it up again. I know the series mostly for its movie, which plays on the pay channels a lot (FWWM)

My favorite Lynch is Wild at Heart - "My dog barks, some. Mentally, you picture my dog, but I have not told you the type of dog which I have. Perhaps you might even picture Toto... from The Wizard of Oz..."
LOL When they break into all the Oz stuff later in the movie it's too funny.

As for Carnivale, I feel so robbed. No real ending for the show, boo.

#40 Kat Saunders

Kat Saunders

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,208 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:48 PM

ugh so i was sooo into twin peaks this spring, but i've got to say, the second season just couldn't hold my interest. i stuck with it for the laura palmer murder resolution, but quit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users