177 replies to this topic

#161 billdore

billdore

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,298 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:13 AM

^I'm on a list for it! I probably won't get my until February.  My original front-loader NES works about 75% of the time; for a long time I wanted to get one of the original upgraded top-loaders (series 3, I think they're called), but they are so expensive, and I don't really have an original cartridge collection to justify it.  So, the Classic is right up my alley!  Can't wait for it.  :)

#162 gothic flavor

gothic flavor

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,572 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 11:35 AM

You guys, I'm still playing ESO every day for hours. I gotta do all the daily pledges and crafting writs and and and it takes up to 60 days to research traits for crafting equipment and I must research all traits and....

#163 gothic flavor

gothic flavor

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,572 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 12:07 PM

And I now have two toons in the game, the original is a dps stamina nightblade and and now the the new one is dps/healer magicka templar. I must say this, if you start to play the game ever, do not choose nightblade. It is HARD. Go with a templar that can heal. It is way easier. You don't frikkin die all the time. Plus it fun to play in group as a healer, the wait time dungeons is like 1 minute or less, where as with a damage role it takes bloody hours. I have to make a tank toon also, it also seems like tons of fun.

#164 gothic flavor

gothic flavor

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,572 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:31 PM

News from Tamriel: Last night I was about to do a dungeon with 3 guild mates and then one went like "can you guys wait just a bit, this 8 month old in my arms won't stop crying, I have to put her to bed" and then another was like "me too, i have this 6 month old here" and I was like lol, dad's are playing with babies in their arms when they should be putting them to bed. Now I think everyone in Tamriel is a dad. I would be interesting to know the average age of ESO players, I think it would be quite high.

#165 gothic flavor

gothic flavor

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,572 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:37 PM

http://www.mmorpg.co...2016-1000011494

:happybday:

#166 gothic flavor

gothic flavor

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,572 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:38 AM

https://www.rockpape...rowind-preview/

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Guys, I'm glad it comes out before my summer holidays. I know how I will spend those 3 weeks B)

#167 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,420 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:06 AM

Anyone excited about the recently announced Xbox game subscription service?  I believe I read $10/month for 100 or so games. 

#168 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:55 AM

Nah, I'm too busy playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild, better known as the best-reviewed game of all time (according to GameRankings.com, anyways).  An enormous game, and a great one.

#169 billdore

billdore

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,298 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:17 PM

^And it's soooo very good.  My kids don't really have the patience for the open world style, though.  They get bored taking time to just run around and complete shrines in order to level up the heart meter.  Plus it's so very easy to die in this game which frustrates them.

I'm loving it though!  I'm trying not to rush it, so I can savor the experience.  I've completed the Zora beast, leveled up a bunch of hearts, climbed my fair share of towers, treked around a good deal of the continent, worked through getting stranded on Eventide Island (which I loved!), and am just now heading off to the Gerudos...

#170 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:28 PM

The Gerudo dungeon and boss are the most difficult of the four, just so you know.  Rito is, by far, the easiest, and provides you with something that makes traveling vertically much faster.

I beat the story after five days, but took two weeks to find all 120 of the shrines.

BTW, whenever you beat it, just know that the percentage counter that appears in the bottom-left corner mostly relates to what you've discovered on the map.  There are 900 Korok seeds in the landscape, and they make up 72% of that percentage, which is kind of insane,  The shrine quests and side quests are on separate counters entirely,

#171 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,420 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:07 AM

How awesome is the Nintendo Switch??

#172 billdore

billdore

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,298 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:51 AM

^I'm playing the new Zelda on the WiiU, as it was released on both platforms.  I haven't heard wonderful things about the Switch--the reviews I've seen have been OK to Good.  Plus, there are hardly any physical games to buy at this point.  It was launched with, I think, 5 titles--Zelda was the only one of interest to me (the rest were party games and the like).  There are a bunch more digital download games available, including the new Shovel Knight.  Mario won't be released until after Christmas of this year.

#173 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:29 PM

Yeah, until it builds a decent library of games (hopefully not all first-party Nintendo titles), the jury's out on the Switch. 

Wait, isn't Mario Odyssey coming out in November or early December, to cash in for the holidays?  I've heard it's pretty much good to go already, but they're holding it back.

#174 billdore

billdore

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,298 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:49 PM

^Could be.  These things can change.  As of now, Game Stop lists the release as 12/31/17:

http://www.gamestop....-odyssey/141908

#175 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:17 PM

Oh, they just do that when there's not a set release date.  It'll be early December, at the latest.

#176 billdore

billdore

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,298 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:33 PM

ahhh. ok.

#177 gothic flavor

gothic flavor

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,572 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:32 AM

I still play Elder Scrolls Online every day for hours

:ph34r:

#178 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:40 AM

Mario Odyssey is set for a late-October release, and it looks wonderful.  So much so, that it may compel me to buy a Switch just for one game.  Zelda: Breath of the Wild's only major competition for Game of the Year may in fact be another Nintendo product.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users