990 replies to this topic

#21 Mikey

Mikey

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 27 November 2003 - 04:18 AM

The only new shows I really watch are Survivor and the Simpsons...and if I'm in the mood I'll watch Trading Spaces, and Cribs

I like to watch reruns though, especially
I Love Lucy
The Golden Girls
The Simpsons
Roseanne

Edited by Mikey, 27 November 2003 - 04:19 AM.

#22 starbella

starbella

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 27 November 2003 - 04:27 AM

i think ive seen every episode of Laverne and Shirley, and Matlock...I also like Family Guy, Simpsons, Conan Obrien, and Ellen Degeneres' talk show.

#23 Expecting

Expecting

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,297 posts

Posted 27 November 2003 - 06:00 AM

Only watch comedy really

Red Dwarf
Coupling

There the two shows i have to see every week

#24 Intravenous Agnostic

Intravenous Agnostic

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 27 November 2003 - 06:45 AM

Conan
Seinfeld
Six Feet Under

#25 Guest_Strangelove_*

Guest_Strangelove_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2003 - 02:02 PM

They did a Trading Spaces a couple miles from me. Me, my mom and a bunch of crazy-ass housewives went down to see it. They got yelled at by the film crew for invading their (trading) space. I was calm enough to stay on the sidewalk and observe.

#26 '''''

'''''

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 27 November 2003 - 04:39 PM

I virtually watch no tv now, everything I like has either stopped/got cancelled/got rubbish.
I used to watch religiously:

Twin Peaks (greatest tv show ever)
Dogtanian and the 3 Muskehounds (my love of France/French girls started here)
Tom and Jerry (pre 1950's)
The Simpsons (watch now only for Homer)
The Office (it's all so true)
Frasier (tv shows always go rubbish when 2 main characters get together)
Red Dwarf (series 4 and 5 were amazing, but then it got rubbish)
Freaks And Geeks (cancelling it, is proof, if needed, that all American tv execs should be shot)
Futurama (Bender Bending Rodriguez)
Button Moon (Mr Spoon)

I think that's everything....

#27 johnb

johnb

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 27 November 2003 - 04:56 PM

I watch or watched

Family guy
The Simpsons
Futurama
Phoenix Nights
The Office
Spaced
Alan Partridge
Alias
CSI
CSI miami
Friends
Good Morning Miami(just discovered it the other day)
Six Feet Under
Becker
Frasier
Cheers
King Of Queens
Monty Python's Flying Circus
Seinfeld
Sports night

#28 jackesque

jackesque

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 27 November 2003 - 04:59 PM

I don't have time to sit down and watch TV, but since I'm usually up very late I'll watch David Letterman or Conan. However, everyone else in my family actually has the time to sit down and watch their favourite series... though I'm not to sure what shows they watch in and out. I use to watch the older X-Files with my dad.

#29 raspberryroad

raspberryroad

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 27 November 2003 - 08:58 PM

I watch nick at nite
tvland
lifetime (Golden Girls and the crazy man hating movies)
CNN
real world (guilty pleasure)
Fox Family (another guilty pleasure)
That 70's Show

#30 ruby333au

ruby333au

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 05:40 AM

I like Monk.

#31 littleroom13

littleroom13

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 06:02 PM

will and grace
friends
the simpsons
viva la bam
that 70s show
*conan o'brien*
B)

#32 carlyanne

carlyanne

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 06:53 PM

joan of arcadia, CSI, simpsons, that 70's show, friends, scrubs, gilmore girls, family guy, law and order....
yeah, i watch too much tv.

#33 Alissa1122

Alissa1122

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 07:05 PM

I don't watch a whole lot but I do watch regularly:

Will and Grace
ER
The Simpsons

And occasionally:
Queer Eye
Britcoms on PBS

#34 Guest_phq_*

Guest_phq_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2003 - 07:30 PM

I watch everything on TV. It's a duty, isn't it ?

#35 Sprocket

Sprocket

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,998 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 08:16 PM

The only tv-show I watch nowadays is a scandinavian serie called "The Obsessed". It's really cool and cryptic. It's about the final battle between the dark and light. A witch from Scotland writes a prophecy about it in the 1600th century, but the it all takes place in current time. In the first episode, two indentical woman rises up from the water, and one of them leads the dark side, and the other one the light side.

Now, the obsessed are a few chosen people who suddenly, when an energy wave floats over the world, gets supernatural abilities. Each of those recieves a special gift based on what before was their weakness. Like one woman, who wasn't able to give birth, gets the power of bringing dead people back to life. Another one, a whore, who constantly got told what to do all the time, gets the the ability where everyone has to do what she tells them to. So if she tells you to go kill yourself, you have to. And there's this dude, who has never been able to trust anyone, so he can suddenly read people's minds. There are also more people. One dude can transform himself to look like other people, another one can manipulate other people's senses, one woman is physically invulnarable where as all attacks against her bounces back at the opponent. Pretty cool, huh?

Now, each of the obsessed one goes to either side. They become either dark or light based on how they used their gift to begin with. So if they use their gift in an evil way, they get picked up by the woman who leads the dark ones. Like the person who could turn into other people, in the beginning of the show, he uses his gift to turn into the boyfriend of a woman he feel attracted to so he can have sex with her. After he does this, the dark woman finds him and takes him under her wings.

But there's one obsessed who's neiter good or evil. She's called "the hunter", and her task is to try to destroy all obsessed, regardless of which side they're on. She always gets in trouble, but she's hard as hell. So far in the show, she has killed 3 obsessed. Why she does this, what her purpose in the prophecy is, is still a mystery.

A few main characters in the show are also just normal people, trying to find out about these obsessed, like a man called "the brother", since he's the brother of an obsessed who commited suicide early in the show. And get this, he's also a friend of "the hunter", but he doesn't know about her true identity yet.

Anyway, the serie is very thrilling. A cool thing is the fact that there's next to no digital effects used, despite of supernatural happenings. The show is pretty-low budget, and they solved alot of stuff in alternative ways. Like for instance, when the dude who can change shape does so, you dont actully see it, they just change angle for a bit, or something gets in the way of the camera for a moment, etc.

But like I said, it's a scandinavian production, so it's likely that none of you will ever see it. So sorry to you if you read all this. Sorry.

Edited by Sprocket, 28 November 2003 - 08:17 PM.

#36 mamma mia

mamma mia

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 11:26 PM

They did a Trading Spaces a couple miles from me. Me, my mom and a bunch of crazy-ass housewives went down to see it. They got yelled at by the film crew for invading their (trading) space. I was calm enough to stay on the sidewalk and observe.

That must have thrown the neighborhood into chaos! That show is barely concealed anarchy as it is! By the time the two days are up the families are sleep-deprived and ready to crack! I'm surprised more of them aren't ready to burst into tears at the idea of spending their $1000 on cheap decorating schmaltz. But that's what draws you in...how bad is it gonna look, are they gonna finish everything on time and is your "best friend" gonna still be your "best friend" after the experience?

Cribs has some fascination too, how can these rock stars live with themselves for living so lavishly and indulging themselves with a zillion cars and media rooms and spas and such and then sing about how miserable they are?! My favorite was Rob Zombie. At least he stayed true to himself and lives more modestly. I'm glad he allowed them to show his house. In that same line, I liked the "Behind the Music" about Green Day, after that I like and respect them even more.

#37 hollybot

hollybot

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 01:10 AM

wow, sprocket, when I first started reading your post, I thought it sounded kind of weird/dumb, but really, that show sounds freakin' awesome! I really like supernatural/phrophetic literature. I'd love to see it!

#38 Sprocket

Sprocket

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,998 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 08:54 AM

Yeap, it's a pretty cool show. My dad thinks it's dumb, but then again, he thinks all supernatural things are stupid. The serie is incredibly well directed, and it has this almost dogme-feel to it, since everything is filmed with handheld cameras.

#39 FunkIsMyLove

FunkIsMyLove

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 02:18 PM

Pretty much;

absolutely fucking nothing

#40 fraserw2

fraserw2

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 11:26 PM

shows that i actually plan to watch are the simpsons (on suunday) and maybe the video game show called electric playground. i don't really play games much anymore but i keep watching the show. but for unplanned watching it's usually the simpsons, seinfeld, maybe whatever's on much music if it's not sucking, conan obrien or jimmy kimmel if i'm still watching tv by that time.... i can't think of much else. maybe trading spaces or while you were out. i find those shows oddly appealing

Edited by fraserw2, 29 November 2003 - 11:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users