#41 Crimson King

Crimson King

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 11:51 PM

I just saw star wars for the first time. It was good

I'm assuming you're referring to A New Hope, since The Phantom Menace was the opposite of good...

#42 I-75 Boogie

I-75 Boogie

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 13 September 2003 - 09:34 PM

Today I watched...

Comedian - meh, it was ok.

and

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest - hadn't seen it in years, not quite as good as I remember, but still pretty damn good.

#43 Crimson King

Crimson King

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 13 September 2003 - 10:08 PM

Yesterday I saw Matchstick Men, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, and Cabin Fever.

#44 Harlen Maguire

Harlen Maguire

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 14 September 2003 - 06:33 AM

Just finished watching Peter Weir's film "The Cars that Ate Paris".

Do not watch this film, bad and disturbing.

#45 candycanegurl

candycanegurl

Elephant

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 14 September 2003 - 09:03 AM

10 thngs I hate about you. oOoh Hath Ledger :wub:

#46 '''''

'''''

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 14 September 2003 - 09:28 AM

Dirty Pretty Things, very enjoyable. Missed the first ten minutes. I hate missing the begining, but at least i missed 20 minutes of previews!

Dirty Pretty Things is a really great film. Good British films are very rare these days, but that one is again, great.

so sad at the airport near the end but Audrey Tautou is wonderful in everything she does :)

#47 sunhouse

sunhouse

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,991 posts

Posted 14 September 2003 - 10:34 AM

we havent seen it yet but i read the book and i cannot wait for clint eastwood's "mystic river". i believe Lahane wrote it. about the waqes of sin and what horrors sexual trauma can unravel. it could be an important movie not unlike "boys dont cry".

#48 Crimson King

Crimson King

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 14 September 2003 - 12:05 PM

I really want to see Mystic River. Looks like it'll be an incredible movie. I'm looking forward to it.

#49 Purplehaze

Purplehaze

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,349 posts

Posted 14 September 2003 - 04:18 PM

Friday night saw 28 Days Later. the most amazing zombie movie ever. loved it!!

last night I saw Requiem for a Dream at the indie theater. I'd seen it before but it was so amazing on the big screen. a sad mix of depressing and uplifting. Don't watch it alone.

#50 I-75 Boogie

I-75 Boogie

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 14 September 2003 - 08:47 PM

last night I saw Requiem for a Dream at the indie theater. I'd seen it before but it was so amazing on the big screen.  a sad mix of depressing and uplifting.  Don't watch it alone.

The first time I saw it (a few years ago) was in the theatre, by myself. During those last ten minutes or so, I had to remind myself to breathe, I was so blown away.

#51 Crimson King

Crimson King

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 14 September 2003 - 11:10 PM

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind

The movie was very good, I enjoyed it. I highly recommend it. I must also say that I'm very impressed by George Clooney's direction. Excellent.

#52 I-75 Boogie

I-75 Boogie

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 10:14 AM

Last night I saw American Splendor. Very keen.

Ooh, and there was a trailer for Gus Van Sant's Elephant.

#53 Vyolit

Vyolit

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 11:48 AM

Last night I saw Once Upon a Time in Mexico.

#54 Crimson King

Crimson King

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 02:40 PM

That's supposed to be a really good movie. If I'm not mistaken it won the Palm D'Or, right?

#55 I-75 Boogie

I-75 Boogie

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 10:05 PM

That's supposed to be a really good movie. If I'm not mistaken it won the Palm D'Or, right?

Indeed it did.

The trailer was good too, not that that means a whole lot, but still.

#56 Crimson King

Crimson King

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 11:45 PM

Reservoir Dogs

I had seen this movie a long time ago, and I remember not liking all that much. This was before I even knew who Quentin Tarantino was and before I was as into movies as I am now. I mean, I've always liked movies an' all, but I guess you can say my sensibilities have changed. Anyways, I picked it up from the library and just finished watching it. Really fucking good movie, especially considering it's a directorial debut.

#57 IAmGloria

IAmGloria

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 09:22 AM

I watched Soldier of Orange again. And since no one had anything to say the other two times I posted this picture, I shall post it again. It's from one of the best scenes in a movie, EVER.
Posted Image

I tried to watch La Guerre est Finie last night, and I gave up after about 15 minutes. I might try again later, but to be honest, I'm not sure why I even rented it in the first place. Anyone have anything good to say about it?

A couple of mornings ago I watched Andrei Tarkovsky's student film The Steamroller and the Violin. It was only 43 minutes long, but I really enjoyed it. The little boy in it was great. Its amazing how well some children can act. I'm not sure I fully "get" most of Tarkovsky's movies, but I certainly get something from them.

I also watched Naked City the night before last. Rififi was better, though. I have a book on gangster movies (yeah, I'm really that dorky), and somehow Rififi is not mentioned in it at all. Strangely, Breathless is. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but Rififi is a fantastic gangster movie. The story itself might be a little lacking, but it just looks amazing, and the famous heist scene is, well, rightfully famous.

If you like gangster movies or film noir at all, you MUST see "Rififi".

#58 IAmGloria

IAmGloria

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 09:27 AM

Also, I saw Hitchcock's "Lifeboat" recently, and I found it quite upsetting. I really don't appreciate propaganda that pretends to be art. True, "The Lady Vanishes" was also political, but it wasn't as ferocious as "Lifeboat". I think it is the most disturbing film I have ever seen.

#59 candycanegurl

candycanegurl

Elephant

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 09:33 AM

I saw ghost world last nite on sky premier what a cool movie? Thora rocks I loved her charectar Enid and her I dont care attitude. :D

#60 Crimson King

Crimson King

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 01:47 AM

Confidence

I rather enjoyed this one, it was pretty good. I suggest checking it out if you're in the mood for a good grift.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users