16050 replies to this topic

#21 pleasuredrift

pleasuredrift

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 10:42 AM

hey, if you can find it, rent the documentary "American Movie'.. GENIUS!

-jeff

#22 Kate#3

Kate#3

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,079 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 12:07 PM

I've just finished watching Moulin Rouge for about the Nth time. It's fantabulous. Like the story and the dance routines and especially Ewan McGregor.... mmm

*tingly music*
Posted Image

#23 Crimson King

Crimson King

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 12:15 PM

Last night I watched True Romance with the Quentin Tarantino commentary. It's actually rather interesting.

As for Identity, I saw that one in theaters. I really liked it, but it also upset me. I don't wanna say too much because I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

#24 lynntou

lynntou

Porch Ghoul

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 12:18 PM

I want to know what upset you about 'Identity', so I'm going to start a spoiler thread. I also had some questions about it.

#25 will436

will436

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 04:37 PM

Gods and Generals, rented it over the weekend. Pretty good.

#26 vodkablast

vodkablast

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,631 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 05:50 PM

identity

#27 IAmGloria

IAmGloria

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 06:23 PM

Well, the morning after my last post in this thread, I watched yet another movie, "Soldier of Orange" ,which I had been wanting to see for months. It's been called the best Dutch film ever made, and though my knowledge of Dutch movies is limited, from what I know, I'd have to agree. The movie had quite a lot to live up to, but I was not disappointed. Ah, please see this movie. Buy it if you have to, as its a little hard to find for rent. Don't be put off by the fact that it's directed by Paul Verhoeven. It's good, I swear. This is my new favorite "war movie".

The next night, I watched "Fox and His Friends", which was an interesting experience, anyway. Lots of male nudity, if you're into that sort of thing. Unfortunately, the movie stars some of the ugliest actors I've ever seen, including the director himself. I think it all factors into the director's style, though, as everything in the movie is kind of garish and severe-looking. I'm not saying he necessarily chose these actors because they were ugly, but I think casting actors who are not exactly Hollywood-beautiful was a conscious effort. Anyway, can anyone recommend any other of Fassbinder's films?

Last night I watched "Breathless", the original French movie, not the American remake. I didn't like it at first, but by the end, I was glad I'd kept watching. It was a very good movie, and entertaining even though its artsy. Maybe a little over-hyped, though.

Oh, I also saw "The Good Girl" somewhere in there. It came on TV, so don't think I paid to see it or anything. Hah. It was alright, I didn't expect too much from it, so I wasn't disappointed. Jennifer Aniston's acting was a little better than you'd expect, but not much. I must comment on her accent--while not a perfect Texas accent, it was at least, an immitation of a Texas accent, and not a generic Southern hillbilly accent, like Jake Gylenhaal's, in that movie. Bleh! If you are from Texas, this movie will irritate you in parts.

Edited by IAmGloria, 08 September 2003 - 06:29 PM.

#28 Happychick15

Happychick15

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 11:53 PM

The last movie I saw was White Oleander and Identity. I really love White Oleander. (Btw, does anyone know who played Paul Trout In it?) but Identity started off really good and ended crap. Although, I do know now that Whores don't get a second chance!

#29 Crimson King

Crimson King

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 12:18 AM

Bulletproof Monk.

I don't know why, but I saw this movie. I didn't really expect much, so I wasn't too disappointed. It was by no means a good movie, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it was horrible. Well, I guess it was kinda bad. I mean, I was debating whether or not I should just stop it. I've had worse movie experiences before, and I kinda figured this movie wouldn't be that great, so I don't feel too gyped (or however you spell it).

I'll give it this, it did have a couple moments of humor and some interesting camerawork here and there.

#30 adayinthelife

adayinthelife

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 01:45 AM

Welcome to Collinwood, very funny and very underrated.

#31 candycanegurl

candycanegurl

Elephant

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 10:22 AM

girl interrupted i love this movie my fave movie ever cause i can totally relate to it (i think every girl can though) :D also just married i watched it straight after girl:)

#32 Kate#3

Kate#3

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,079 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 10:58 AM

the opening titles to 10 Things I hate About You because thats al our teacher would let us watch for college. :( ha ha ha!

#33 kilgore trout

kilgore trout

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 12:50 PM

I watched the Growing Pains reunion movie. Ben sure did grow up to be a loser.

#34 Alissa1122

Alissa1122

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 04:32 PM

The Italian Job...I was dragged to this and actually kind of liked it. Like Ocean's Eleven, but funnier.

#35 I-75 Boogie

I-75 Boogie

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 11:14 PM

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind.

#36 Crimson King

Crimson King

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 11:39 PM

I saw The Heartbreak Kid in class yesterday. Actually, we saw the second half. It was really funny.

#37 candycanegurl

candycanegurl

Elephant

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 05:21 PM

jeepers creepers 2 about an hour ago

#38 davec

davec

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 306 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 08:30 PM

Dirty Pretty Things, very enjoyable. Missed the first ten minutes. I hate missing the begining, but at least i missed 20 minutes of previews!

#39 lumness

lumness

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 09:41 PM

I just saw star wars for the first time. It was good

#40 carlyanne

carlyanne

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 09:43 PM

girl interrupted i love this movie my fave movie ever cause i can totally relate to it (i think every girl can though)

nope, sorry, read the book and can't relate.
anyhoo, today i started watching little women and got really bored, so i watched little shop of horrors even though i watched it two days ago. i was looking for my degrassi high-school's out video and i can't find it and i am completely devastated. boo. the other day i watched pet sematary two. i was assured that it was really funny. it wasn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users