16042 replies to this topic

#1 candycanegurl

candycanegurl

Elephant

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 02:31 PM

i watched the rest of american psycho what a sick bastard?
he was also self centerd jerk who loved himself i didnt like that film wont be watching it again thats for sure.

#2 Crimson King

Crimson King

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 09:07 PM

Last night I watched Donnie Brasco. Excellent fuckin' movie.

Today I watched The Good Thief. Another really good movie.

On deck are: Lost in La Mancha, Zelig & Rear Window.

#3 candycanegurl

candycanegurl

Elephant

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 02:26 AM

last movie i watched was the full monty best fucking brit film in yrs it was on itv1 on wednesday night and the bloke whos in it who was in only fools and horses, used to go to school with my dad and paul barber isnt even his real name its something forign anyway just saying hes come a long way from going to a little comp school in wythenshawe manchester to being in the full monty with robert carslyal(?)

#4 pinkangel79

pinkangel79

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 02:19 PM

I went to watch Swimming Pool..we waited 2 hours after work (went for a meal) and then the projector was broke. There was nothing else worth watching so we ended up watching Confidence, which was pretty clever and watchable but more a way to waste a few hours than anything else :(

#5 '''''

'''''

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 03:34 PM

Swimming Pool's the best film ever made...
Posted Image
...if you're 24 years old, male and loff Ludivine Sagnier.

#6 Crazy

Crazy

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 428 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 03:35 PM

Well lets see....

The two towers,
Chicago,
The two towers,
The fellowship of the ring extended dvd,
the two towers,
Pirates of the Carribean,
The two towers,
BASEKETball.

out of them all i think BASEKETball, Pirates of the carribean and the two towers were the best!!

#7 =hedgehog with wings=

=hedgehog with wings=

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 08:49 PM

i watched alice in wonderland on sunday night.
i had forgotten how good that movie was.

#8 IAmGloria

IAmGloria

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 09:09 PM

I have watched something like 10 movies in the few days. Most of them have been a little disappointing. I was starting to get really downtrodden, thinking that maybe I just didn't like movies that much anymore, but I watched "All Quiet on the Western Front", and I feel better now. I think I was expecting too much from most of the movies I've been watching.

"All Quiet on the Western Front" is the one I watched most recently, and it was great. I have seen the remake, and I was a little irritated to find that that was basically a shot for shot remake, so I already knew most of the movie before I saw it. It was still amazing, though. Probably will be my favorite war movie now, even though it is really an anti-war movie. Also, the print of the movie I saw was terribly grainy, and the sound was awful, but the movie was involving enough that those things did little to detract from the movie experience. Wah.

Another highlight of my movie binge was "Amores Perros". Not sure exactly what to say about it, other than just the standard "its good". That movie has a little of everything in it, and its really unlike anything else I've seen. I would recommend it.

I'm watching "Gods and Monsters" now. I usually don't dork around on the computer while I'm watching a movie, but I've seen this movie A LOT. It's one of those rare movies that I can watch over and over again, without getting bored with it. Such a good movie. I love Ian McKellen. I'll probably be crying by the end of this movie. That's what happens when you watch sad movies the week before your period starts. :cry:

Sorry about that last bit.

Oh! Also, I just remembered, I saw Jan Svankmejer's "Alice" recently. I was impressed. I saw "Faust" about a year ago, and I was a little lost and bored by it, but "Alice" was great. If you can find it, and you like the story of "Alice in Wonderland", do see it. It's very bizarre.

#9 IAmGloria

IAmGloria

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 09:45 PM

I'll probably be crying by the end of this movie.

I was right.

::sniffle::

#10 the_kim

the_kim

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 05 September 2003 - 06:12 PM

CAMP! Yeah! Go drama/PA geeks.

#11 so_completely_stupid

so_completely_stupid

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 05 September 2003 - 09:17 PM

edward siccorhands. soooo good. gotta love johnny depp

#12 Guest_The Red Door_*

Guest_The Red Door_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2003 - 11:32 PM

Say Anything was on cable the other night. That movie never gets old, so damn good.

#13 Crimson King

Crimson King

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 02:07 AM

I just finished watching Lost in La Mancha.

I thought it was excellent. It was definitely funny, but, as they say, rather tragic. It sucks that the movie fell apart like that. I sincerely hope that Gilliam gets to make this movie some day 'cause I really wanna see it.

I heard that this film will make you think twice about wanting to become a filmmaker, but I have to disagree. At least, in my case. See, I want to be a filmmaker, and after watching this movie, I was given hope. Honestly, I don't know why. I can see how this film would discourage people from wanting to, but it didn't have that effect on me. I mean, yeah, there were things that sucked, obviously. The things that worried me the most had to do with the whole business aspect of it.

Sorry, didn't mean to go off on a tangent.

#14 FreshZ

FreshZ

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 480 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 02:12 AM

Thirteen Days

It is a couple years old about the cuban missile crisis with kevin costner. I dunno why, but i like it alot. I just go the DVD from ebay.

#15 Guest_#Uncle Vortex#_*

Guest_#Uncle Vortex#_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2003 - 05:43 AM

Thirteen Days

It is a couple years old about the cuban missile crisis with kevin costner. I dunno why, but i like it alot. I just go the DVD from ebay.

It's a history lesson and a nice movie in one!

#16 lynntou

lynntou

Porch Ghoul

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 09:18 AM

I watched 'Identity' (John Cusack, Ray Liotta) the other night. I thoroughly enjoyed it. One of the very few suspense movies that I didn't have figured out in the first 30 minutes.

#17 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,384 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 09:23 AM

I watched 'Identity' (John Cusack, Ray Liotta) the other night. I thoroughly enjoyed it. One of the very few suspense movies that I didn't have figured out in the first 30 minutes.

Wow good to hear.. I was thinking about renting that one.. but have not heard anything about it review wise.. good or bad.

ooooh I just noticed the changing of the avatar.. nice pick.

#18 twitch

twitch

Little Room Lunatic

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,056 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 09:55 AM

I just saw Identity as well - I was suprised at how much I liked it. There isnt anything great about any of the acting or the storyline but it is a nice little thriller to kill time with. They did pack in alot of twists in the end - but generally it was well done.

I still think Fraility is one of the better horror/thriller movies hollywood has churned out in some time.

#19 pleasuredrift

pleasuredrift

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 10:06 AM

The Hustler (paul newman) on AMC, i think..

#20 carlyanne

carlyanne

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 10:34 AM

um, yesterday i watched poltergeist, which i hadn't seen in years.
then i watched villiage of the damned, the remake though, because my crappy video store doesn't carry the original.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users