225 replies to this topic

#41 Maschine Man

Maschine Man

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,161 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:39 PM

Great package. Really looking forward to it! 

#42 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:43 PM

I've never purchased one of these before - how much would it cost me just for this one?  (yeah, i'm being lazy)

For the vault package? $60

#43 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,463 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:49 PM

I've never purchased one of these before - how much would it cost me just for this one?  (yeah, i'm being lazy)

Just hop on third man records store, purchase the vault platinum before 1/31. If you go via PayPal it'll charge you the $60. Just cancel before your renewal date (date you signed up, but 3 months later) and you won't be charged again.

#44 itrainmonkeys

itrainmonkeys

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 05:01 PM

$60 US.  That gets you this package and 3 months of Vault access (pre-sales, exclusive chats, random junk etc.)

#45 itrainmonkeys

itrainmonkeys

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 05:02 PM

I understand that there are people that have a limit to the number of live WS albums they want.  I am not one of those people.  My Vault membership exists primarily to get WS live albums.  So color me happy. 

Same here, especially considering no more new WS coming out any time soon. I love the band and am so glad to have a variety of live albums that aren't available elsewhere and are from different time periods.

#46 FrixFrixFrix

FrixFrixFrix

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 05:09 PM

This is awesome!

The GBMS tour saw them at their creative peak. Coincidentally, I've been listening to a lot of recordings from 2005 lately, so this will be a nice capper.

Now for the GBMS reissue...

#47 FrixFrixFrix

FrixFrixFrix

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 05:18 PM

Not a fan of how they continue to sell their products like this, but I might have to actually pay the 200 bucks to get this DVD.

I assume by bucks you mean reais?

#48 stripes42

stripes42

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:05 PM

$60 doesn't sound too bad!

#49 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,842 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:14 PM

I had a hellatious day at work today and the only thing that made me smile at any point was taking a five minute break to wolf down a sandwich, checking the Vault as I did so, and seeing this announcement. I didn't even read the whole thing at the time, just skimmed it, and couldn't stop grinning.  Until my break was over, then the grin went away. But it's back again now  :)

#50 mmshuster

mmshuster

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 463 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:24 PM

I love this I'm a vault member for as much WS content as I can get but I love anything Jack related too. The last couple have been great.

#51 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,210 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:37 PM

FUCKING MANAUS!!!!!!!

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!

This is the show that sold me on TWS  :wub:. 10 fucking years :o holy shit.

Edited by kts1997, 06 January 2015 - 08:40 PM.

#52 FernandoDANTE

FernandoDANTE

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,578 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:07 PM

I assume by bucks you mean reais?

Yes, yes.

So, 60 dollars plus 20 for shipping. That's already over 200 reais in Brazil.

Add in a nice 60% tax, and we're looking at 320 reais for a package where I just want a DVD. Even if I sell the vinyl for a profit, I probably won't break even.

A question for those who have ordered these packages from overseas: do they use USPS? Or some other company like UPS or Fedex?

Edited by FernandoDANTE, 06 January 2015 - 10:08 PM.

#53 hannibal_lusty

hannibal_lusty

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:42 PM

This is the exact show I've been waiting for since the Vault began

#54 FrixFrixFrix

FrixFrixFrix

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:23 PM

Add in a nice 60% tax, and we're looking at 320 reais for a package where I just want a DVD. Even if I sell the vinyl for a profit, I probably won't break even.

Ouch. Where's the 60% tax come from?

#55 Action Boy!

Action Boy!

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,881 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:46 PM

Very cool package.

Still waiting for GBMS on vinyl ha ha.

#56 Jamilia

Jamilia

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 352 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:50 PM

Yes!!! My day was total shit. Thank you Thirdman.

#57 I-75 Boogie

I-75 Boogie

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:54 PM

Love it!

#58 Melly

Melly

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:10 AM

Cried a few weepy tears of joy when I got the message from TMR.  

Love this time period from the band.  2005 was the last time I saw TWS.  I can't believe it's been ten years almost since that last time.  

My favorite album vascilates quite a bit from time to time, but GBMS is always up towards the top.

I've been having serious nostalgia issues lately.  My husband I were recently having a "who could get you to go to Coachella" conversation.  (I hate festivals.)  I told him the only thing that could get me out there to that dusty dirt heap was Jack and Meg.  Together.  Red, Black, and White.  Creating that energy and magic that only the two of them can make together.

I think I need counseling or something.

Anyway, I am so so SO excited about this package.  I haven't even had a chance to watch the DVD of 22 yet and I'm salivating for this one.  Feel very lucky to be able to afford such amazing pieces of music.

#59 Melly

Melly

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:20 AM

It would be a crime to record it live or whatever with another group of people.

Agreed.  Taking songs and breathing new life into them live and onstage with a different band is one thing.  Having someone do a live recording of the album and labeling it TWS without Meg, I'd have a very difficult time accepting that.  

When Blunderbuss first came out, I didn't think he'd play any of his TWS stuff.  Once he said it was done, I figured that was it.  It was a little tough on that tour in some ways at first, but on the Lazaretto tour, I've had all out joy hearing the songs live again and in a different context.  

#60 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,463 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:55 AM

I think I need counseling or something.

You're in the right place. I've never been 10 hours from home, but I'd fly out to Coachella if it was my only chance to see Jack and Meg again haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users