457 replies to this topic

#441 Go Go Harlem Baby

Go Go Harlem Baby

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

Listening to that radio show, Sarah mentions that the FDJ song Jack covered was going to be on the record...WHERES IT AT?!

#442 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,698 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:00 PM

That's an excellent question. It'd make a damned good Vault 7".

#443 Angelina79

Angelina79

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

I am picturing the bathroom incident and I am lauging so hard. Tam, I love you. And Dex, too!

#444 roxxan23

roxxan23

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,865 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

I am awful. We planned to go to the show tonight because it is within walking distance. I went to get my eyes dialated this afternoon and after coming home and hanging in the dark for a million hours all of a sudden it was like 10:30 and we forgot about the show. :( Boo.

#445 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,244 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

Listening to that radio show, Sarah mentions that the FDJ song Jack covered was going to be on the record...WHERES IT AT?!

in that same cobwebbed dark dank dex corner of the vault beside the webcast of the show.

So no one got that Dex walked in on me in the restroom...?

if "Oh, Excuse Me" winds up on the next album, we'll know the inpiration.

#446 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:40 PM

i was thinking for certain that it would be Sara in the story about walking into the restroom to say 'oh... excuse me'

#447 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,698 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:15 AM

Whoa... What's Dexter Romweber and The New Romans?? This is the first I've heard mention of them -- http://www.starnewso...9/ENT/120619689 How fun, something new (to me) to check out.

#448 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:25 AM

Dex was playing with some unknown drummer in a bar a few weeks ago... it surprised me too but it sounded good... the kid playing the drums was on a furious pace so i think we can safely say that Dex has stripped things down for speed to see what else he can get into

#449 WymerDesign

WymerDesign

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:47 AM

Whoa...  What's Dexter Romweber and The New Romans??  This is the first I've heard mention of them --  http://www.starnewso...9/ENT/120619689   How fun, something new (to me) to check out.

Thats Dex's other band, its a huge ensemble of musicians that mainly play in the NC area, they have been together doing shows for a few years that I know of, possibly longer. www.thenewromans.com they have a facebook page too under the name Dexter Romweber and the New Romans

#450 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:31 AM

very cool... maybe the kid in the bar was a one off because there was no ansemble to speak of

#451 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,698 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:47 PM

Just posted on TMR's Facebook page--

Pretty rocking news... check it out!

Go Go Harlem Baby – Dex Romweber Announces He Will Play The Classic Flat Duo Jets Record At Select Festivals This Summer

Dex Romweber is nothing less than an icon of the American music underground. The former frontman for the world famous psycho-surf-rockabilly-garage-punk combo Flat Duo Jets and his celebrated sibling drummer Sara Romweber (Lets Active) are back to recreate the classic Flat Duo Jets record Go Go Harlem Baby in it’s entirety at select festivals this summer.

Dex was the innovator of the guitar/drums duo that influenced the legendary White Stripes. The album was produced by Jim Dickinson (Willy DeVille, The Replacements, Screamin' Jay Hawkins) and was recorded in part at Sun Studios in Memphis, TN. Originally released in 1991 on Sky Records the record was re-released by Jack Whites’ Third Man Records in 2011 http://thirdmanrecor...em-baby-reissue

Quotes:
"Dexter Romweber was and is a huge influence on my music. I owned all of his records as a teenager, and was thrilled at the fact that we were able to play together recently on tour. His attitude towards music is remarkable. And his songwriting, along with his love of classic American music from the south, be it rockabilly, country or R&B, is one of the best kept secrets of the rock n roll underground." - Jack White

"He says more in six strings than some bands do with six pieces." - Tampa Tribune

"Romweber has been rocking the shit out of roots-rock since well before it became hep again." - Chicago Reader

"Dex Romweber has got to be the last of the great American singers...[he] is cooler than Elvis" - Rochester City Paper

Booking Contact:
Marc Bauer
EKG Booking
201-314-6403
marcb@ekgbooking.com

#452 sunhouse

sunhouse

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,992 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:43 PM

i always thought the black keys ripped off the flat duo jets more than they did the white stripes. dex is the missing link to so many new species.  it's an ongoing revelation to see hormone adrenaline fueled youngsters emerge from the garage to valet parking.    

#453 sikntwzd

sikntwzd

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:29 AM

Ok Folks, Happy Monday!!! I have a download card for Dex Romweber Duo's new album, Images 13,  and I don't need it. First one to PM me gets the goods, for nothin'. I am ripping my vinyl to listen to and I would hate to see it waste away in a desk drawer. I thought, what better place than the LR?

Let's do this!!!

#454 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,698 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:27 AM

Ah! I don't need the download code because I'm going to pick up the album, but thanks for reminding me to post the link to this interview (I haven't listened yet, got it from their old tour manager, Randy, via FB)--  http://countryfriedr...0/#.UyhXaIVp1ep

#455 sikntwzd

sikntwzd

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:18 PM

UPDATE: Free Dex has now been claimed.

We now return to your regular scheduled programming...

#456 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,244 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:01 PM

very cool thing to do, Kelley!

tam, thanks for the interview

#457 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes