441 replies to this topic

#1 adub314

adub314

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:05 PM

I'm just curious to know what's it like for anyone that has shopped there. Atmosphere, decor, customer service, is it busy, anything really. I want to go to Nashville soon.

#2 Citizen_Riley

Citizen_Riley

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 454 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:47 PM

It's a lot like an antique shop, with cool Third Man Record-related things in glass cases and on the wall. It's a realllly small room.

I've met three attendents there, Ben Blackwell, Ben Swank, and an English guy named Miles.

It's not really busy unless there unless it is a "release date" day, apparently.

I certainly don't think it would be worth taking a special trip from Miami unless of course you just happen to be comin' by these parts anyway.

#3 Scheckywhite

Scheckywhite

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,137 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:03 PM

It'd be cheaper to get a flight there from Miami than to pay $310 ($200 + $60 + $50) current ebay auction prices, to get the singles...

#4 Citizen_Riley

Citizen_Riley

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 454 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:05 PM

I'm assuming adub314 isn't a completist collector, ;)

#5 Scheckywhite

Scheckywhite

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,137 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:07 PM

who?

#6 adub314

adub314

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:57 PM

who?

Citizen riley is referring to me, Scheckywhite. A is for Alex and Dub is an abreviation of my last name, Dubon, and finally, 314 (or March, 14) is my birthday.

#7 adub314

adub314

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:22 PM

I'm assuming adub314 isn't a completist collector, ;)

virtually speaking, I have the whole White Stripes catalog, but physically speaking, I have the s/t debut on vinyl and all 6 of their albums on cd, 2 cd singles, and finally, the 3 conquest 7"s

#8 Citizen_Riley

Citizen_Riley

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 454 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:54 PM

You definately need to make your way there sometime and score some stuff then, haha.

#9 Scheckywhite

Scheckywhite

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,137 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:24 AM

yeah you can make $1k over night or so it seems!

#10 cheriebobbins

cheriebobbins

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,318 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:33 AM

I'd like to visit not only to look at music but also to check out the decor *sigh* (pipedream)
I love to paint the walls of a place some rediculously bright color...
Its nice to see that other people do that too
(anybody else just itch to go at their walls with too much color? It annoyed my ex, he likes browns n nature colors)
I painted my living room in canada a bright yellow, when he was away ;) ...color was called "mon cherie"
was a note to myself....supposed to remind me to "F@#$$Ing be happy dammit!!" over winter, and it really did help
anyways i had more colors in the room, red yellow blue+ black white
I miss that, I rent now and wish i could paint my walls

sorry for :offtopic:

return to "about the music" discussions :D

#11 sgo83

sgo83

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 05:32 PM

My first post is extremely trivial so be gentle.

I have family going to Nashville in a couple weeks and I'm having them stop buy Third Man to pick me up a shirt. I was wondering if anyone who has actually bought a Third Man shirt knows how they fit. Do they fit like American Apparel shirts or what? Any insight would be appreciated.

#12 kevron6

kevron6

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,241 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 05:47 PM

My first post is extremely trivial so be gentle.

I have family going to Nashville in a couple weeks and I'm having them stop buy Third Man to pick me up a shirt. I was wondering if anyone who has actually bought a Third Man shirt knows how they fit. Do they fit like American Apparel shirts or what? Any insight would be appreciated.

They fit like pantyhose

#13 roxxan23

roxxan23

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,865 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:18 PM

i kind of want to know this too. my boyfriend is supposed to get me a shirt next week when he's in nashville and i don't know if i can trust his judgment on what is going to fit me...

#14 bbug

bbug

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:38 PM

Someone posted before that they're stretchy nylon, just tell him not to get you anything clingy.

#15 roxxan23

roxxan23

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,865 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:05 PM

ugh. yeah, i don't want it clingy! well, i guess i'll just trust him. i mean, he sells like millions of t-shirts, so i should just trust him...right? <_<

#16 orangeshoeskid

orangeshoeskid

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:40 PM

Yeah, they fit kinda tight and are as sheer as panty hose. I just went to American Apparel and bought a black tshirt to go under and it looks fine, I wore it with a yellow tshirt underneath and the yellow was easily visible and it looked cool.

#17 DW3

DW3

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 11:25 PM

kevin ain't kidding. shirts are fairly tight and very transparent. undershirt is a must unless you wanna show some nipz. :ph34r:

Edited by DW3, 29 May 2009 - 11:25 PM.

#18 ThisMegIsNotARobot

ThisMegIsNotARobot

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 11:28 PM

kevin ain't kidding. shirts are fairly tight and very transparent. undershirt is a must unless you wanna show some nipz. :ph34r:

Ha, true, true...I wore it with just a black bra underneath and it looked fine inside but out in the sun, whoa! My aunt was like "I can't figure out what's going on with your shirt" and my mom made fun of me for wearing a brand new threadbare t-shirt. Definitely need a tank top or something next time.

#19 kevron6

kevron6

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,241 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 12:00 AM

Just putting the shirt on makes my nipples hard but I am kind of into that look right now so it is cool. It looks amazing with a pair of biker shorts.

I got one for my wife since she plans on breast feeding she should not even have to lift the shirt up the milk will flow right through it. Great gift for any women expecting soon.

#20 7th_son

7th_son

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 12:03 AM

Just putting the shirt on makes my nipples hard but I am kind of into that look right now so it is cool. It looks amazing with a pair of biker shorts.

I got one for my wife since she plans on breast feeding she should not even have to lift the shirt up the milk will flow right through it. Great gift for any women expecting soon.

epic :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users