457 replies to this topic

#41 emm76

emm76

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:54 AM

all right, y'all - i'm writing this from our hotel room in nashville after the dex show tonight. show was awesome - ken taped most of it. the crowd here in nashville was great! jack and little jack were both in attendance. at the encore, dexter thanked jack for letting them crash at his house for the last 2 days and "recording him and being an all around great guy". so with that, let the rumors fly.
ken says he'll post some videos in the future. for those of you who missed the boat on this solo tour - make sure you go see them open for the detroit cobras tour starting soon.

#42 DW3

DW3

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:48 AM

all right, y'all - i'm writing this from our hotel room in nashville after the dex show tonight. show was awesome - ken taped most of it. the crowd here in nashville was great! jack and little jack were both in attendance. at the encore, dexter thanked jack for letting them crash at his house for the last 2 days and "recording him and being an all around great guy". so with that, let the rumors fly.
ken says he'll post some videos in the future. for those of you who missed the boat on this solo tour - make sure you go see them open for the detroit cobras tour starting soon.

i'm sure i'll be kicking myself for ages for not INSISTING my dad take me to this. i WILL be there this june for the cobras+dex show.

#43 emm76

emm76

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:55 AM

random useless trivia:
we were just looking at our white stripes christmas 7" that we got from third man yesterday - and there on the back in the shot of meg writing on the doorframe is a copy of the self-titled flat duo jets album leaning up against the wall.

:P

#44 denialtwister

denialtwister

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 03:18 PM

Anyone else seeing them on May 13 in Denver?

#45 M

M

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:32 PM

Well, lucky me, more Dex, May 26 in Tucson. Oh and the cobras.

Anyone ever done that freelance street team style advertising stuff for bands? I see they're requesting help with that on Myspace.

#46 shub

shub

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:20 PM

I found a cool video and thought I would share.
Dex Romweber Duo - Sessions at Studio B

#47 DW3

DW3

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:10 PM

you can see the cover for the 7" here.

#48 bbug

bbug

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:13 PM

:wub:

#49 sk8r408

sk8r408

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:43 PM

From NME:

Jack White teams up with Dex Romweber Duo

They'll release a 7-inch single on White's new label

Jack White has teamed up with the Dex Romweber Duo to release a 7-inch single later this month.

The two songs were recorded at The White Stripes frontman's home studio in Nashville, and feature White playing guitar and bass, singing vocals, and playing a saw.

The record was produced by White and engineered by Vance Powell (The Raconteurs, The Dead Weather). It is due to be released in late May via White's newly formed label, Third Man.

White has been a longtime fan of Rombweber and has credited the Flat Duo Jets man with influencing his style.

The 7-inch tracklisting and details:

Side A: 'Last Kind Word Blues' by Geeshie Wiley
Dex Romweber plays guitar, piano and sings the lead vocal
Jack White plays acoustic guitar, lead guitar and sings a harmony lead vocal
Sara Romweber plays drums

Side B: 'The Wind Did Move' by Dex Romweber
Dex Rombweber plays guitar, organ and sings the lead vocal
Jack White plays bass sings and plays the saw
Sara played drums and tambourine

http://www.nme.com/n...e-stripes/44490

#50 sk8r408

sk8r408

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:54 PM

you can see the cover for the 7" here.

Posted Image

#51 roxxan23

roxxan23

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,865 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:57 PM

exciting!!!

#52 bluesmanjoey

bluesmanjoey

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:59 PM

im want to go to the june 12th show at southpaw in brooklyn with the cobras. im 17 but its an 18+ show...anyone ever been to southpaw know how strict they are about their age policy?

Edited by bluesmanjoey, 06 May 2009 - 08:00 PM.

#53 roxxan23

roxxan23

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,865 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:56 PM

i'm pretty sure they always card at the door at southpaw, but i know some people have been able to get in with a parent at least, so maybe call them and see what they say? i'll be there! i'm not sure i can pull off a "i'm his mom" scheme though!

joe just told me he's doing the merch for dex on the tour too, so if you go to a show and buy merch, say hello to my mister please!!! (i miss him)

#54 bluesmanjoey

bluesmanjoey

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:11 PM

haha that would be quite a scheme

18+ shows are such bullshit. its like, make it 21+ so everyone can drink, or all ages. why do 18+ shows exist

#55 Paganini Alfredo

Paganini Alfredo

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:27 PM

Just picked up Two Headed Cow on Cd, must say it's very pleasing to my ears. I'm a little confused as where I can watch the movie... is it out? Anyone got any recommendations for further listening?

#56 Guest_Trent O_*

Guest_Trent O_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:37 PM

haha that would be quite a scheme

18+ shows are such bullshit. its like, make it 21+ so everyone can drink, or all ages. why do 18+ shows exist

I know here it's generally so venues don't have fuck around with kids smoking as well, but you yankee scum have some crazy smoking laws, so who knows why they do up there.

#57 Loinbread

Loinbread

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:06 PM

Posted Image

Dex Romweber Trio!

Jack looks like he wants to consume my soul.

#58 jdirtydishes1

jdirtydishes1

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:31 AM

Dex and Sara killed it again as usual tonight in Salt Lake.
The tour is going great, everybody is having a good time.
On to the coast!

#59 roxxan23

roxxan23

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,865 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:27 AM

was chet there!?!?

(i hate mountain time. and moutain cell phone reception.)

was this posted here?

#60 M

M

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:38 PM

was this posted here?

Whoah! That's brilliant!

It's funny Dex, 20+ years later, not so gothy, but neither am i. Last night, he looked like he just got done at his day job at the bank, with his buddy holly glasses on, he looks like a smaller Lewis Black.

Saw them again in Tucson last night, he and Sarah rocked it like workmen, like if you needed more Rock and Roll installed in your house, they'd bring the tools and work all day.

I was happily surprised by the Cobras, who i've seen a few times before and been kinda disappointed with them. But they were totally on fire, Rachel deemed the crowd 'fucking awesome' because people were actually dancing. I think they fed off that energy and, shockingly Rachel was not only not hostile, but downright friendly and funny.

And most importantly, Big hugs and thanks to Joe Dirty and Roxann, who rock my socks off!

Edited by M, 27 May 2009 - 12:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users