3109 replies to this topic

#41 Dial M For Max

Dial M For Max

Elephant

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 07:28 PM

hey, dial m for man/boy love...you drink too much hater-ade.

I probably would rape your little boy just to spite you, but for my sake, try to push a little to the left, and make it a girl.

i've seen the soledad's as a duo and as a trio.

Who hasn't? You can follow them around on fucking tour if you want... it will not validate your opinion.

They are all embarrassing blues cliche - they play straight george thorogood...no contemporary oxygen anywhere.

George is an apparent influence, but if you've seen George and SB, they're not a whole lot alike, save for the kind of music they play. They're not anything alike, as songwriters. If anything, the Brothers seem to deviate from your standard blues fare. Their energy is a breath drawn from the lungs of a lot of contemporary punk acts. The fusion of the showmanship and the pacing isn't exactly "cliche" - The Black Keys sound like a lame Flat Duo Jets rip-off, minus the creativity or the interesting lyrics. Meanwhile, the literary content of a SB record pretty much outweighs the worth of any Keys record, ten times over. Saying the SB are derivative of some other band in defense of the black keys has got to be the most flat out fucking retarded shit that's ever been posted on this board. I mean, that's dumber than anything Astrogurl and Pigtails COMBINED have posted.

they come on stage and say "hey, we're the soledad bros. from Detroit City."
If you have seen them numerous times, then you have surely heard them claim both Toledo OR Detroit as home, depending on where the band is living at the time. I identify them as being an Ohio band though, no matter where they move off to.

also, i never heard srv use samples in his music, the black keys did.
A lot of rock acts use samplers and loops in their shows these days - it's nothing unique or new. Do you think it's unique because they're a BLUES BAND DOING IT?

And besides, the means doesn't necessarily justify the results. It still hardly SOUNDS unique. If anything, utilizing a sample is a testament to their ineptitude as musicians and performers.

and I don't think iv'e ever heard the black keys play a blues shuffle - that's all the soledad's do!
That's an exaggerated comment, and you've basically just invalidated your opinion. Thanks for playing. Let's get to the consolation beratings:

the black keys aren't contrived - they don't wear fucking outfits or use some sort of fucking schtick to win over audiences
So I guess what a band wears can either validate or invalidate them? You realise how laughable that is, right?

and they've never claimed to play blues music (like the soledad's).
Anyone utilising the pendantic scale who DOESN'T cop to playing the blues should be hung at a Klan rally. Denying the key's traditional rhythm and blues sound is probably the most erroneous of your statements. You just keep getting better.

I will say, the keys are nice fellows, but their music sucks.

And you keep slagging me, without having any facts to back up who I am. Exactly who are YOU that your opinion is so valid? All I see is a fawning sycophant trying desperately to defend a shitty band. I sure as hell aint in no band, and I aint no critic. So what's your story, jiffy lube? You're barely coherent, don't know shit, and are hardly intelligent, so you'd more likely be a critic before I would. So go on, fill us in. This ought to be good.

Edited by Dial M For Max, 11 March 2003 - 07:34 PM.

#42 manyslus

manyslus

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 08:59 PM

it's funny how people who are new come on and start bashing you, max. I think it is someone who is creating multiple accounts, and doesn't have the balls to tell you to their face. Maybe Kingsnake can search and find who it is. He did say that multiple accounts are easy to find who created them, i think.

#43 fanofbk

fanofbk

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 10:00 PM

i'm jack white of the white stripes. p.s. thanks for playing.

#44 manyslus

manyslus

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 10:04 PM

i'm jack white of the white stripes. p.s. thanks for playing.

yeah ok... if you are or not, it takes alot of nerve to come on a site, and immediately start bashing people w/o even knowing them, or their opinions. I don't care if you are jack white or not, i'm not going to kiss your asshole.

#45 Dial M For Max

Dial M For Max

Elephant

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 12:08 AM

Jack's pretty tight with the Soledads. Does Ben know you're bashing his band behind his back? And wearing his clothes while you're doing it?

You're still a douche. Thanks for admiring me, though.

#46 Gaz

Gaz

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 22 March 2003 - 07:14 PM

Well, I saw these guys last night at the Beachland Ballroom. It wasn't really anything to write home about, so I agree with Max's posts. It was enjoyable, but I wasn't really moved to boogie or anything like that.

A band called the Apes (from DC) opened for them. They were quite strange and amusing, although I didn't really care too much for their music. The setup was organ, bass, and drums. No guitar. The singer looked and acted like a cross between Mick Jagger and Jim Morrison, generally acting like a crazy man.

#47 Dial M For Max

Dial M For Max

Elephant

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 22 March 2003 - 07:50 PM

I think the apes are phenomenal. Paul Weil is great. He reminds me of iggy pop... and i think their music is better live than on record. they are really agressive and potent sounding. they dont really fit into what is hip now a days...

#48 alg

alg

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 March 2003 - 04:23 AM

Just bought the big come up. It was during the second listen where I really started digging them. Good stuff. I love their raw sound.

#49 Guest_joeldalley_*

Guest_joeldalley_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2003 - 12:06 PM

it's funny how people who are new come on and start bashing you, max. I think it is someone who is creating multiple accounts, and doesn't have the balls to tell you to their face. Maybe Kingsnake can search and find who it is. He did say that multiple accounts are easy to find who created them, i think.

Dear god. Max, you have your own peanut gallery. I doubt he needs your encouragement to go on, manyslus.

Joel

#50 Dial M For Max

Dial M For Max

Elephant

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 24 March 2003 - 01:55 PM

Why don't you explain that one, Joel...

#51 Guest_joeldalley_*

Guest_joeldalley_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2003 - 02:01 PM

Sure. I've been reading and posting rather obsessively since the weather changed. I also have a tendency to pick up on patterns, just a little ;) So, the pattern has become that you take a stance and then someone dogs you and then manyslus comes along and tells your detractor(s) to "go to hell" or whatever. I'm sure you've noticed the same. Quite frankly, I'd be honored if I were you.

Joel

Edited by joeldalley, 24 March 2003 - 02:40 PM.

#52 Dial M For Max

Dial M For Max

Elephant

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 25 March 2003 - 02:46 AM

There does seem to be a pattern, but for a while there, the same guy was making fake accounts just to dog me. I think slagging Zach is uncool... I think I've earned the defense, too. Even when I am mellow, some loser has to come and fuck it up.

#53 koolaid

koolaid

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 March 2003 - 05:33 PM

They fucking suck. Pull your dick out of the lamp socket.

so i was right, so what? ;)

#54 manyslus

manyslus

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 25 March 2003 - 11:08 PM

it's funny how people who are new come on and start bashing you, max.  I think it is someone who is creating multiple accounts, and doesn't have the balls to tell you to their face.  Maybe Kingsnake can search and find who it is.  He did say that multiple accounts are easy to find who created them, i think.

Dear god. Max, you have your own peanut gallery. I doubt he needs your encouragement to go on, manyslus.

Joel

i really don't understand your post joel. I have always respected you on this board. But now, I have lost some of the respect. If I agree with what Max posts, I don't find that I should purposefully say that i disagree, do you? I also voiced my opinion on many matters on this board, many before max posts, and many that max does not even post on. Maybe you should spend a few more hours to the 3 or 4 you spend a day, analyzing my posts, and you will realize this. If you are so jealous, maybe you should hire someone who will post in response to your posts? I know you would not be able to get that kind of respect from alot of people, me included now, like max is able to.

I don't see how this matter enters into the black keys category at all. If you have a problem with me, feel free to PM me. To me, you are just as bad as any one of these posters whose main objective is to slander people on this board.

#55 shoegazer_13

shoegazer_13

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 08:20 AM

I was just on Fat Possum's website, and you can now listen to the Key's new album "thickfreakness" in streaming audio.

#56 Dial M For Max

Dial M For Max

Elephant

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 12:34 PM

They fucking suck. Pull your dick out of the lamp socket.

so i was right, so what? ;)

Right as rain, my boy.

#57 astroboy64

astroboy64

White Blood Cells

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 03:10 PM

I enjoy The Black Keys and hope they continue, and fuck anyone who thinks different.

#58 Dial M For Max

Dial M For Max

Elephant

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 05:09 PM

Yeah, but youre an idiot, so who cares?

#59 Sprocket

Sprocket

Elephant

• Members