6 replies to this topic

#1 Twist of Denial

Twist of Denial

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:44 PM

I try to avoid pushing bands I like on people, but I can't resist with this group: Thunderpussy.

An all girl group based out of Seattle.  They seem to be a sound that can be described as Grace Slick meets Led Zeppelin.  They can really play their instruments, and bring tons of energy and antics to their live shows.  In 2016 they played in all three of the Seattle area major music gatherings; Bumbleshoot, Sasquatch, and the Cap Hill Block Party.  They sold out two New years shows (30th, 31st) at a pretty popular venue that brings in great acts just shy of mainstream (last show I saw there was King Khan and BBQ Show).  I am convinced that Thunderpussy will blow up when their debut album lands at some point this year.  

Here are a few videos:

https://youtu.be/GklXchiXf1E

#2 Twist of Denial

Twist of Denial

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:47 PM

#3 Jamilia

Jamilia

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 352 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:55 PM

Thanks for posting the links! I like what I hear so far, but I'm a sucker for an all girl band with champagne sparkle drums. That's the dream!

#4 billdore

billdore

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:06 PM

oh gosh.  these all girl sex-drip bands are certainly around.  http://crazyxxxgirlfriend.com/ is another prominent one.  i've never been able to move past the sexy gimmick, but ya never now.  maybe thunderpussy will do it...

#5 kluczmen

kluczmen

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:27 PM

long time since I logged  here

there are not many all girl bands I recognize, but I am really fond of Savages and Girlschool and always willing to find out about another band I could put next to them

to my ears this girl drummer from the first video was much better fit to the band's sound, but I can only see her on the videos from 2015 and not 2016?

too bad, she's a monster player 

Edited by kluczmen, 17 January 2017 - 03:19 AM.

#6 Jamilia

Jamilia

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 352 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 03:15 PM

^^^ Kluczman, I noticed that too. Covering John Bonham, no less!

#7 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,403 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:50 PM

They sound great... and that name!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users