65 replies to this topic

#1 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 06:14 AM

What's everyone's thoughts on why this band has not reunited with new music/tour?  I, for one, prefer this band over Jack's other projects (not that I don't like this other stuff) and I am dying to see Jack, Brendan and the rest of the crew put out some new music.  It seems like the Dead Weather are more of a priority... any reason why?

#2 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,783 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 06:23 AM

The DW might be a priority now, but the Racs were a priority briefly back in 2011. My impression with both bands is that it depends on what all the members are doing at any point in time. Brendan's into producing now, I think Patrick's involved with another band (anyone know?), dunno what LJ's been up to. And the DW aren't really "together" right now, it sounds like they've recorded the songs for this record piecemeal, a couple here, a couple there, as they've had moments to get into the studio at the same time.

It's almost like every other year or so, Jack going to pull each band together briefly just to tease us. Or this might be it, he's done one small project with each band (Racs tour with no record, now a DW record with no tour) and now he's going to go off and get into film. Who the heck knows with him?  But I'll sure join you in hoping we see and hear more from the Raconteurs one of these days.

#3 Jamilia

Jamilia

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 352 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:36 AM

Patrick Keeler is the drummer for The Afgan Whigs and he is based out of LA now. To my knowledge all other Racs and DW members live at least part of the time in Nashville which would make a quick project easier in some respects. I hope the Racs do another project together, even if no tour. Seeing them as a part of The show at Bridgestone (minus PK) was awesome.

#4 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:22 AM

I think they will do a mini tour and maybe even an album, but it has to happen when each member has a dry spell in the projects they keep busy with. Which with all of these guys, who knows when that will be. Maybe 2 years, 5 years, I don't know.

And let me add, I do think that is a sad thing. If these guys committed to putting out an album every few years, they may be the biggest rock band in the world. They certainly have the talent to do so.

Edited by Ak1nney, 08 July 2015 - 11:23 AM.

#5 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:11 PM

My goodness.  I need to pay more attention and stop letting life/work get in the way of me finding out vital information.  I had NO idea Keeler is now drumming for Cincinnati band the Afgan Whigs?!  Very cool!

#6 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:29 PM

Though I'm very fond of the Rac's second album, I've just kind of let the band go.

I'd be fine with solo Jack once every two-to-three years, and no other bands.  (Though, obviously, I'm cool with him producing whatever or whomever he wants.)

Edited by J.C., 08 July 2015 - 03:29 PM.

#7 itrainmonkeys

itrainmonkeys

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 04:47 PM

I'm hoping for a new album/tour at some point. Would love to see them live again. They were fantastic any time I saw them.

#8 stripes42

stripes42

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,803 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 12:28 PM

Though I'm very fond of the Rac's second album, I've just kind of let the band go.

I'd be fine with solo Jack once every two-to-three years, and no other bands.  (Though, obviously, I'm cool with him producing whatever or whomever he wants.)

I agree with you 100%.  I enjoyed the Racs and it was great fun seeing the "reunion" in Nashville, but they seem more like an act than a band with a real vision.  

#9 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:25 PM

I for one would of rather the Dead Weather been the "act" and the Rac's been the band... with a vision.  But hey, that's just me.

#10 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,783 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:33 PM

And me...

#11 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,783 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:37 PM

This guy has a great idea for celebrating Jack's birthday-- http://www.jambase.c...s-Eden-Sessions

#12 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:45 PM

Oh thank you. Enjoying this right now.

#13 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,783 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 06:16 AM

I've got Ramblin' Man from that show in a mix of Jack's music in my car and it gives me chills every time it comes up. Would love to hear him do more than the first verse all dark and moody like that.

#14 Jamilia

Jamilia

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 352 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:50 PM

I haven't seen this but am watching it now! Thanks for the link!

#15 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:43 PM

That was a great one. That one and the Montreaux show are my favorite Racs festival shows from that tour

Edited by matthewvh, 10 July 2015 - 05:43 PM.

#16 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:46 PM

I thought Jack's voice sounded a little weird (or worn out) on the Montreaux DVD, but the musicianship was great.

#17 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:27 PM

The musicianship is why I like it so much. Plus, I love their Keep It Clean cover they do and they did it during that show

#18 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,783 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 08:38 AM

I was going through my music files and found a Racs comp that I'd forgotten about called What You Can't Find, vol 1 & 2. Pretty sure I originally downloaded it from a thread here in the LR, but I can upload it and post a link in this thread later (only on the computer for a few minutes right now) if y'all can't find it. 

#19 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,783 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:07 PM

Here's the What You Can't Find comp: https://mega.nz/#!tg...62epRU4XONg5zt4

And here's an interview I found in my folders that I don't even remember downloading:  https://mega.nz/#!Bt...sruoUowzGqt0Yug

I obviously need to go through my folders more often, I love finding little gems I'd forgotten about  :)

#20 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:29 PM

Thanks!! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users