16 replies to this topic

#1 LoveAlwaysAlison

LoveAlwaysAlison

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:51 PM

Hi Little Room. I've been a member for a while...but I don't think I've ever posted. I am terrible at both introducing myself, and inserting myself into conversations. Because I'm shy. But I've become more active at White Swirl lately so I figured maybe I'd give it a shot over here too. I hope that's not like...taboo or something. Like there's not a forum war going on or something. Because that might be kind of awkward. Anyway...

Hello from a Northern California Jack White/White Stripes/Third Man fan. I'm also a record store junkie who loves her dog and doesn't eat her veggies. I am kind of shy but love to talk once I'm actually talking. It's a problem I have. Both on the internet, and in real life. So...there you have it.   B) 

#2 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:03 PM

Hi from Los Angeles! 

#3 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,404 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:05 PM

Welcome!  Don't be shy... post away!  A war with White Swirl?  Never... birds of a feather ... well, you get it.

#4 LoveAlwaysAlison

LoveAlwaysAlison

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:25 PM

Welcome!  Don't be shy... post away!  A war with White Swirl?  Never... birds of a feather ... well, you get it.

I was hoping not. But then I remembered my first experience on a forum, way back when, and I was basically shunned for mentioning another forum that was into the same stuff as the other one. And to give you an idea of "way back when", I think I was 12 and still using an AOL dial up connection. And the forums? May have involved Neopets. It was all very traumatic. I didn't want to give myself flashbacks!  ;)

Hi from Los Angeles! 

Well, at least I'm not the only one here from Cali! Are you patiently awaiting a Jack White tour date that isn't a 24+ hour drive away like I am?! 

#5 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:37 PM

Haha I think yes would be an understatement! It will be my first Jack-related concert ever, so I better not miss it! 

#6 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,766 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:47 PM

Nice to see you without your hand over your mouth.  Welcome to the LR, too  :)

#7 LoveAlwaysAlison

LoveAlwaysAlison

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:57 PM

Nice to see you without your hand over your mouth.  Welcome to the LR, too  :)

hahah yeah, I think I am done with that the hand over mouth photo ever since that "smelling fingers" comment popped up. Hello there!

#8 LoveAlwaysAlison

LoveAlwaysAlison

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:00 PM

Haha I think yes would be an understatement! It will be my first Jack-related concert ever, so I better not miss it! 

I've informed my husband that if Jack White or any of his bands make it out this way, now that we are in a place where I can probably-hopefully afford to buy tickets, I am doing it and there's nothing he can do to stop me! I missed all the shows last year because we were broke and/or I wasn't paying attention. That is not going to happen again. OR else...   :wacko: 

#9 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:25 PM

And I'm going to be going to college in Arizona late August, so yeah, I'm really hoping I won't miss out!

#10 Elixir_Sue

Elixir_Sue

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:26 PM

Hello from Southern California! 

#11 LoveAlwaysAlison

LoveAlwaysAlison

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:53 PM

And I'm going to be going to college in Arizona late August, so yeah, I'm really hoping I won't miss out!

I'll send Jack White happy thoughts your way, then!

Hello from Southern California! 

Hi!!  B)

#12 stripeydave

stripeydave

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,506 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:43 AM

Mak3 that thr33 h3llos from sunny SoCal. In th3 W3st Vall3y, you know, like totally, OMG, gagm3withaspoon, moon unit zappa t3rritory... 3v3n got my shad3s on for you!   B)

Edited by stripeydave, 07 May 2014 - 12:44 AM.

#13 LoveAlwaysAlison

LoveAlwaysAlison

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:57 AM

Mak3 that thr33 h3llos from sunny SoCal. In th3 W3st Vall3y, you know, like totally, OMG, gagm3withaspoon, moon unit zappa t3rritory... 3v3n got my shad3s on for you!   B)

I'm not sure I even know what to do with THAT. So many 3's...maybe you're Jack White in disguise?!? hahah  but hello to you too. 

#14 barrowc

barrowc

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,284 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:28 PM

Hello :)

#15 Maschine Man

Maschine Man

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,161 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:06 PM

Hi from Austraaaaaalia!

#16 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:26 PM

hello again, alison von newname!

#17 LoveAlwaysAlison

LoveAlwaysAlison

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:56 PM

hello again, alison von newname!

Yeah! I don't even remember picking the Delilah name I had before...it was when I first signed up, but then forgot I signed up. This way, I'm consistent with my username in other places...  B)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Me, intro, northern california

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users