#1 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,420 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 12:53 PM

Question submitted by: Lynntou

I've seen many of your shows and they are always different and exciting. The thing I love the most are the adlibs - we never know when you're going to break into some old obscure song or tell a story. But you don't always do this. What circumstances prompt you to launch into a story about how you wrote Screwdriver or sing a couple verses of an old Howlin Wolf song?

#2 Jack White

Jack White

Icky Thump

• Band Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 05:03 PM

i suppose there are a lot of differen't reasons why i might do something live. i don't like to talk much at shows because dead air worries me. it makes me feel as if i'm not giving enough, or not pushing myself, and i never like seeing a band and hearing the bass player telling knock knock jokes. so i suppose dead air may provoke me to do something "off the top of my head". i don't like to feel comfortable on stage, that makes me feel like i'm phoning it in and not paying getting anywhere with what i'm doing. meg and i don't really ever rehearse for this reason. i can't really say what makes a certain thing happen, like you said a "howlin wolf" song or something, i don't know what instigates it.

III

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users