2353 replies to this topic

#2341 Kaseyls

Kaseyls

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:50 PM

i really do find it lame that sales of anything increases after a festival. i dont wanna use the term 'sheeple' but really... you know what i mean?

I don't really understand what you're saying here....I imagine a festival allows people a chance to see bands live that they wouldn't have made the effort to see otherwise. If they like what they hear, they go out and buy the album. I think that makes perfect sense. And I don't think this is proper use of the word sheeple. Just my opinion though.

#2342 White Penguin

White Penguin

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 337 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:58 AM

Sales increase after festivals, TV appearances, and through promotion and marketing. It's pretty staightforward and makes sense. Is it lame because it's predictable?, I don't know, but you can't get by without getting out there on the road and play live. The after effect is predictably an increase in sales of your record.(or downloads) Kinda sorta been happening that way for quite a long time.

#2343 AstroAvery

AstroAvery

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,507 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:37 AM

Seems they did well out of Glastonbury... http://news.bbc.co.u...ent/7484732.stm

"Other bands to have experienced huge sales increases of their latest albums are The Feeling (78%), The Raconteurs (140%) and Editors (342%)."

geeze 140!

#2344 bnr

bnr

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 297 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 12:47 PM

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but I just got it on vinyl, and its unlike any other vinyl album I've ever had. I've had a record player for the last five years or so and have a collection growing but no other vinyl album I have has this much of a difference between the cd and vinyl... It sounds at least four times better on vinyl, which is not any sort of exaggeration... especially many shades of black... so amazing on cd, but especially on vinyl.

#2345 JeffL

JeffL

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:00 PM

... It sounds at least four times better on vinyl, which is not any sort of exaggeration... especially many shades of black... so amazing on cd, but especially on vinyl.

You sold me.

#2346 CodyT3212

CodyT3212

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:27 PM

Yeah, the vinyl is pretty kickass. At first i thought the packaging was a bit overdone, but it's actually quite special and neat.

Edited by CodyT3212, 31 July 2008 - 03:28 PM.

#2347 kilt

kilt

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 394 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:56 PM

I just got my copy of CotL on vinyl and I realized there's the image of "The Hanging Man" over the two lions. Just like the image on the belly of the woman in the "Old Enough" video when they're in the forest.
Don't know if anyone has seen it.
Tarot cards are quite weird I think. I'm not that much of a superstitious person.
:mellow:

It just seems that I can't find any proper picture of it.

Edited by kilt, 20 December 2008 - 01:04 PM.

#2348 Boll Weevils Buddy

Boll Weevils Buddy

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 02:24 PM

Ok, I like The Raconteurs, but I've never had that moment with them where you just sort of stop. Pause the song. Shake your head slightly. And just generally sit/stand in awe of what you've just heard, and just how incredible the band is.

But I think I may have just had it listening to Carolina Drama. I'm now in love.

#2349 TheMaunderers

TheMaunderers

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:14 PM

Ok, I like The Raconteurs, but I've never had that moment with them where you just sort of stop. Pause the song. Shake your head slightly. And just generally sit/stand in awe of what you've just heard, and just how incredible the band is.

But I think I may have just had it listening to Carolina Drama. I'm now in love.

yeah. Carolina Drama is the best undistorted song on that album if not the best on the whole album.

#2350 jerrytimes

jerrytimes

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:31 AM

Just picked up Consolers Of The Lonely on 2LP for under $30. This makes me happy! :D

Edited by jerrytimes, 20 April 2011 - 12:35 AM.

#2351 Twist of Denial

Twist of Denial

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:40 PM

Anybody know if we can expect a TMR re-release? I've been holding out to order it from them and grab another single of some sort when I do so.

#2352 jerrytimes

jerrytimes

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:06 AM

I haven't seen anything of the sort, but I'm sure it will happen.

#2353 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:25 PM

If you want Consolers on vinyl, I'd get it now. It's amazing and not worth waiting another second to not have ;) . I wouldn't count on a re-issue anytime soon, but that's just me guessing randomly. It is the most amazing sounding record to come out of any of Jack's bands (production and quality).

#2354 Kill For Company

Kill For Company

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:34 PM

I hope this is a picture of Brendan and Jack turning everything up to 11.

Gotta do it if you want that beautiful Noise.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users