967 replies to this topic

#961 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 03:19 AM

This show often doesn't deliver with the season or mid-season finales.  The program's best efforts are typically the premieres.

Regarding Negan, there have just been too many opportunities for the main characters to kill him.  Carl was basically on a suicide mission, and he wouldn't shoot his damn gun, even after immediately killing two of Negan's men (it's not like he's gun shy).  Anyone with even the slightest bit of fighting ability (as Rick has) could've taken him out in the trailer in the premiere.  When they do eventually kill him, I guarantee we'll be all like, "And why didn't you do that before?"  If he had guards around constantly, it'd be one thing, but how many times have people held Lucille when he's got his back turned to them?  He's not some highly-skilled ninja master.

Walking-Dead-logic is no more credible than pro wrestling logic, but only one of these two things takes itself seriously.

I agree. My biggest problem has been when Negan first visited. They could have easily just shot him through the fence and hid out of sight from the gate and shot all of the saviors as they attempted to get in. We are just supposed to believe that they are soooo scared of Negan that they won't do it. It's not very good logic for those of us that have seen our favorite characters fight some crazy battles. It makes a little bit more sense now that he has their weapons (until maybe tonight), but it didn't work for me early on.

#962 bbug

bbug

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 01:55 PM

I think we're supposed to feel that they are scared of Negan's people as well as him (remember how they all introduced themselves as Negan?)  So I guess the hesitation is meant to lie in the possibility that if they kill him there will be retaliation and someone else will just take his place.  But YES!  Carl had the perfect opportunity to shoot him, dumb.

#963 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,859 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:45 PM

They're ready to fight now.  Glad that's settled. :lol:

#964 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,392 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:34 PM

All Out War! ....will probably not happen until season 8. But now we get the build up!

#965 Action Boy!

Action Boy!

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,878 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:51 AM

This first half of the season was a confused jumble. Hopefully that is all out of the way now.

#966 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,859 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 05:06 PM

It was weird how Jesus was on top of the truck that Negan was travelling in with Carl back to Alexandria, and yet somehow was there in the Savior compound to help Daryl escape.  I guess he slid off the side of the truck before Negan and Carl left the area? 

I sure hope they find a lot more screentime for King Ezekiel in the second half of the season.  The show needs characters with some real charisma to balance out the generally morose (often rather one-note) tone.

And Judith would've been shrieking in terror at the sight of Carl's eye.  I wonder how the producers handled the little gal, because it looked like a makeup appliance at times.  :lol:

#967 Twist of Denial

Twist of Denial

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:33 PM

If I had a dollar for every episode I watched and was left feeling like absolutely nothing happened...

#968 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,392 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:15 PM

Yeah, I was really hopeful this season was going to kill, with the intro of Negan.  But it simply has had it's share of let downs.  The carnival episode with Rick and Michonne was probably one of the worst episodes ever, in my opinion.  I bet we will not see this war until the end of season 8.  Which is fine by me, as long as they build up to it the right way!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users