47 replies to this topic

#41 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,684 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:12 PM

I probably still wouldn't, either, if there hadn't been a family emergency down in Florida several years ago.  Mine's always either at home or buried in the bottom of my bag with the battery run down.

So, of those folks who've received this Vault package-- Who's listened? Who's watched?  I can't believe no one's talking about the story behind why Jack was banned for life from the Hotel Yorba.  It's goddamned hilarious.

#42 wsjack3

wsjack3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:36 AM

I probably still wouldn't, either, if there hadn't been a family emergency down in Florida several years ago.  Mine's always either at home or buried in the bottom of my bag with the battery run down.

So, of those folks who've received this Vault package-- Who's listened? Who's watched?  I can't believe no one's talking about the story behind why Jack was banned for life from the Hotel Yorba.  It's goddamned hilarious.

This is probably my favourite thing about it. Love hearing him tell anecdotes. In a way I wish he'd do it more but then it takes away time from him playing music.

#43 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,684 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:56 AM

It seems the setting of these shows, or a sense of nostalgia because he knew they were his last for a while, really made him open up and want to talk about the songs. There was a bit of it in the Fargo show, and in South Dakota there was the phone call to his mom to ask her about Hotel Yorba. As if the shows weren't special enough already, this made them even more so.  Makes me intensely curious to learn anything about the mysterious North Dakota shows. Two shows in that state and they're the only ones that we don't either have audio/video of or heard anything about from people who were there.

#44 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 01:01 PM

Can anyone post a sample of their noisy Side III? I'd like to compare it to what I'm hearing.

#45 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,684 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 01:20 PM

Mine are at home, I can try to remember to send some to you tonight. 

#46 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 04:38 AM

thank you, tam :)

#47 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,684 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 07:04 PM

Check yer Facebook PMs, mac, I uploaded a sample there rather than futzing with wetransfer.

Edited by Kali Durga, 17 July 2016 - 07:04 PM.

#48 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:08 PM

thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users