47 replies to this topic

#21 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 02:11 PM

This is gonna suck for me because it's being delivered to my Arizona house today, but I am visiting family in California until the middle of August. So in other words, I won't be able to tell whether or not my LPs have the hissing sounds until I get back to AZ in August. 

#22 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,765 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 02:42 PM

I hope someone can at least bring it inside for you, Matthew, so it won't melt...

#23 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:14 PM

Yeah thankfully my friend is picking it up tonight when she gets back from the airport. She's gonna hold onto it for me until I get back. 

#24 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:52 AM

I didn't get to play mine yet, now it's going to be another couple weeks before I can check for hissteria

#25 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:27 PM

Lotta scratching and hissing on sides C & D. Disappointing. 

I can confirm this is an issue on my 2nd LP as well. It's not unlistenable, but it is annoying and very present at times. Are all of TMR releases being pressed at URP still? That plant has given me the dirtiest records I've ever received. No other records I have give off the issues that URP records do.

#26 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 10:39 AM

so it's not just me who feels this way about URP

#27 YDKWLI

YDKWLI

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 05:54 AM

I love this whole package! The dvd is great! I think the way it is shot is much more appealing than the Fargo show. Also the effects make it look nice. The camera on the mic stand is really interesting, because of the unusual angle it feels like we are getting a kind of "inside look" on stage. It's great to see from this angle how Jack focusses on Lillie Mae's and Fats' instruments at times. 

#28 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 01:27 PM

so it's not just me who feels this way about URP

They are a pathetic pressing plant.  Highly overpriced, overworked, and underskilled.  They're not Rainbo but they still suck...

#29 wsjack3

wsjack3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:59 PM

Lotta scratching and hissing on sides C & D. Disappointing. 

Just came on hoping it was just my copy. Was really enjoying it too. Wish i could have been at these shows.

#30 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,765 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 03:34 PM

If you send a polite e-mail with audio samples to vault@thirdmanrecords.com, they will most likely send replacement lps to you.  Mine are on the way.

#31 wsjack3

wsjack3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 05:09 PM

If you send a polite e-mail with audio samples to vault@thirdmanrecords.com, they will most likely send replacement lps to you.  Mine are on the way.

I'll wait to see how your replacements sound. Keeps us updated.

#32 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,765 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:39 PM

They were on my doorstep when I got home this evening. Haven't played them all the way through yet, but did check the three tracks that I'd sent audio samples of to TMR. They sound great.

#33 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 08:31 PM

They were on my doorstep when I got home this evening. Haven't played them all the way through yet, but did check the three tracks that I'd sent audio samples of to TMR. They sound great.

I still need to record my a/v samples to send to third man. Blah.

#34 wsjack3

wsjack3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 06:58 AM

Ahh interesting. Thanks.

#35 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 10:34 AM

if you don't have a USB turntable or the like how do you do this?  I would love replacements but apart from a tape recorder held next to my turntable I don't know how I would even do such a thing...?

#36 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,765 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 10:42 AM

Got a cell phone?  I know that some folks were sending videos they'd filmed using their phones. 

#37 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 10:48 AM

Not one that has actual audible audio on it haha - it's a 10 year old flip phone :P  yeah yeah I know I'm living in the past...  Might just drop them a line and see what they need.  Really wish I had an iPhone or Android for like a few minutes at a time a lot lately lol.

#38 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,765 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 10:51 AM

Hah, mine's an old pay-as-you-go type phone, too, so you're not alone in being behind the times there.  Certainly worth sending them an e-mail, either way.  David, the new Vault rep, seems to be a nice guy.

#39 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 11:12 AM

Hah, mine's an old pay-as-you-go type phone, too, so you're not alone in being behind the times there.  Certainly worth sending them an e-mail, either way.  David, the new Vault rep, seems to be a nice guy.

first time in a long time I haven't been laughed out of a room when saying this haha!  I will do that, they were giving me all types of sit about a replacement and then all of a sudden changed their tune and sent me one so it may be the new guy, and if that's the case I can hopefully work something out.  Thanks for the info/heads up - had just assumed the whole run was like this...

#40 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 05:32 PM

I don't even own a cell phone, people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users