31 replies to this topic

#1 joshmckenna

joshmckenna

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 02:07 AM

What does everyone think about the new vault package? Seems pretty special to me and if just hit me why that might be: 3x3x3 = 27

#2 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,783 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:46 AM

I was non-verbally squeeing at my desk when I read the description. Don't care a whit for another Dodge'n'Burn 7", but that set of Gold Dollar lps is boner-ific. I'm especially excited about the 2 Star show because of one of the songs not mentioned in the announcement, but I'm also thrilled to have another Jack and the Bricks show and it'll be very cool to have a The Go show because that's the one band Jack was in that I haven't dug into at all yet.

And normally I wouldn't be jazzed over a bonus tschotschke like the challenge coin, but when I read the description of them TMR linked to, well, it makes perfect sense.  It'll be fun to see what people do with the coins and what new design TMR comes up with each year.

Three thumbs up. 

#3 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:14 PM

Kali took the the words out of my mouth pretty much.  Great LPs, the 7" is just dumb (no need for these songs, they're readily available outside of The Vault) and I'll never use the coin since you have to be at one of the shops but the triple LP thing makes up for it.  Long been a The Go fan and The Bricks are sweet, looking forward to spinning these for sure.  And I must say, on principal I like the coin with discount option thing much more than a poster or something as at least some people will get use out of it.

#4 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,783 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:44 PM

You wouldn't use your challenge coin to get free drinks from your friends, Uncle Jerk?   https://en.wikipedia.../Challenge_coin

The challenge, which can be made at any time, begins with the challenger drawing his/her coin, and slapping or placing the coin on the table or bar. In noisy environments, continuously rapping the challenge coin on a surface may initiate the challenge. (Accidentally dropping a challenge coin is considered to be a deliberate challenge to all present.) Everyone being challenged must immediately produce the coin for their organization and anyone failing to do so must buy a round of drinks for the challenger and everyone else who has their challenge coin. However, should everyone challenged be able to produce their coin, the challenger must buy a round of drinks for the group.[8][9][10]

#5 joshmckenna

joshmckenna

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:11 PM

I've got to agree on the Dead Weather 7"s. I get it that they want to release the whole album on singles like people used to back in the day but why not just put them in the vault novelty shop or something? They'd probably be appreciated a lot more there by the people who really want the singles. I'm really looking forward to hearing earlier versions of White Stripes songs and what some of the other bands Jack has worked with sound like. I won't be making the trip from Vancouver to Nashville or Detroit anytime soon so I won't be using that 10% discount but I like that it doubles as 45 adapter as I just got a new record player and it needs its own adapter.

#6 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:09 PM

Vancouver?  Mah brotha!

(Maple Ridge, represent.)

Edited by J.C., 06 January 2016 - 06:09 PM.

#7 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:36 PM

You wouldn't use your challenge coin to get free drinks from your friends, Uncle Jerk?   https://en.wikipedia.../Challenge_coin

haha!  If I could pry myself away from the kid long enough to go to a bar to catch some music I might just do that...  To bad I quit drinking 20 years ago, this would be dangerous knowledge for past me :P

#8 joshmckenna

joshmckenna

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:43 AM

Haha I'm in Ladner, J.C. Been over to Maple Ridge a few times. You ever hit any of the record stores in Vancouver?

#9 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 02:30 AM

Nope.  I barely ever buy music these days.

#10 dr.dano

dr.dano

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 12:09 AM

Haha I'm in Ladner, J.C. Been over to Maple Ridge a few times. You ever hit any of the record stores in Vancouver?

i'm in vancouver and yes i do hit up stores every now and then.

#11 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:15 AM

Damn.  The forum base is one-fifth British Columbians. :lol:

#12 joshmckenna

joshmckenna

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 05:59 PM

Damn.  The forum base is one-fifth British Columbians. :lol:

haha not something you usually see. What stores do you usually head to, dr. dano? I usually go to Neptoon and Red Cat.

#13 Go Go Harlem Baby

Go Go Harlem Baby

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:05 AM

Already posted over on white swirl, but figured I'd post here too. This package is boss and is like the essence of the vault for me. I always thought the vault was about doing cool pressings of music that wouldn't make sense to wide release, but die hard fans wanted. I don't even mind a slight premium to get copies of this stuff, for a while I was really worried the vault would turn into just colored vinyl variants of widely released music, so I'm happy to see this. Honestly, they could've saved the expense of the 7" this time around, I'm ok with $20/album for three awesome sounding shows.

Also, Kali Durga, if you haven't listened to the Go, see if you can find a copy of the cassette box set that Burger Records put out, that was my first exposure to them and it is solid, also featuring Jack on some tracks

#14 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 07:34 AM

The only Go recordings I have heard have all been post Jack, but I love the band's sound. Are they still active at all? I know they put out a new recording in the not too distant past, Fiesta, I believe...

#15 mongrel cat

mongrel cat

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:06 AM

i have so much trouble with getting my package no26, even getting replies about it from the vault, the customer service at the vault isn't as nice and helpful at it used to be anymore. i think i need a break. :(

#16 stripes42

stripes42

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,803 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 01:14 PM

subscribed for this one :)

hey, #27 on the 27th.  hope that's good luck ;)

#17 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:38 AM

So these did start shipping?

I kinda got lost with this package :wacko:

#18 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,783 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 08:19 AM

Yup.  http://thirdmanstore...27-now-shipping

#19 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 11:36 AM

good to hear. I gotta say, I don't care how many tens of thousands of members there are, in this age when spam email is so easily proliferated, why can't an email blast go out? or a twit? jeez, I get three twits at once sometimes on more arcane, tenuously-TMR-related news. maybe I missed it. bitch crab kvetch

and are they purposely rearranging the shipping schedule each time so I'm among the last? not that it's that big a deal, they really make the effort with shipping. but I always seem to get it after all the excitement and chat has died down, and everyone is on to the next vault announcement.

w w w h h h i i i n n n e e e

Edited by macwacky, 02 April 2016 - 02:43 PM.

#20 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 02:17 PM

Thanks Tam :)!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users