I think we all are, I haven't heard one regret yet.   :lol:

#42 ncgal

ncgal

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

That issue ^^ raged on for a while over at White Swirl, too.  The thing is, you don't have to sign up for a Platinum membership immediately on May 1st.  We don't have all the details yet, but based on the initial announcement and Swank's conversation in the Vault, there are going to be multiple levels.  If you want Vault access, it sounds as if you could just sign up for one of the lower level subscriptions (free and Gold, I think Swank said), then upgrade to Platinum when they announce what will be in package 17.  The deadline for that package is not until July 31st, so you actually have plenty of time before you'd need to pay the extra for Platinum.  And if you're one of the folks interested in the Vault Store, same thing applies-- Presumably around May 1st, they'll give us information about what's in the store so that folks can decide when they want to pay for that level of subscription.  I think we all just get so excited over TMR stuff that we all feel like "Oh man, gotta sign up right away!" when, really, we don't.

Thanks for that info. :)

#43 jerrytimes

jerrytimes

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:48 PM

Basically, after May 1st, resign up....

#44 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

yeah TMR's gotta do something about the overlap.  They should get the info from Modlife for who signed up for this last package and then transfer, or let you, transfer them over to the new Vault with no charge.  You don't just pay 60 bucks for records but access to everything that the Vault is, and if you payed your money you should get your 3 months.  I don't use the online stuff for shit as there's none of it to speak of right now but I have to admit I'll be more than a little pissed I miss out on something because I don't have anothe 60 dollars to sign up to the "new" Vault while a member of the old one.  Thinking about it, maybe they should have just switched payments over for this package and saved a shit ton of headaches...

#45 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,684 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

Mas informacion, and they've addressed the concerns of many--  http://modlife.com/t.../blog#blog24754

NEW VAULT AND #16 DEADLINE posted by Ben S at 07:41AM

This is it! Tomorrow is the deadline to sign up for Vault Package #16 on Modlife as well as the final day of the Vault in its current form, meaning… Wednesday is the official launch day of the new and improved Third Man Records Vault! As we mentioned previously, your subscription with Modlife will NOT carry over. ALL members will have to re-subscribe to the new Vault in order to maintain a continuous subscription.

We realize that many of you prefer not to renew your quarterly subscription until the corresponding package has been announced, and we don’t want any loyal Vault members to miss out on content due to the timing of this launch. For that reason, all Vault content will be open and non-exclusive until Vault Package #17 is announced in early July, though please note that Vault Chat and comments will be closed to those who have not yet re-subscribed. Similarly, the Vault Novelties Shop, which will be accessible only to Platinum members, will launch AFTER the Package #17 announcement, so all members have equal opportunity to score the wares we will have to offer. (We know, we can hardly wait either!)

We have strived to fill the new Vault up with a solid collection of fun goodies for the launch, however please keep in mind that this is just the beginning. We are thrilled to use our new platform to bring you many more exclusive videos, tracks and photos, as well as the inside scoop on Third Man news and events in the weeks ahead.

This new & improved Vault is new to us too. We liken the way we feel on this day to the way the engineers of the Hadron Collider must have felt when they flipped the switch… so we appreciate your patience with us as we get these protons accelerating and unlock the keys to the universe.

Like always, please contact vault@thirdmanrecords.com if you are having any trouble using the site. We hope you agree that this new Vault is going to vastly improve the way we bring you the content we all love, and we look forward to rolling out all the site’s features in the coming months.

In the meantime, don’t forget to sign up for Vault Package #16.

Please note that new subscriptions can presently only be purchased via credit/debit. We will be able to accept Paypal shortly.

#46 hannibal_lusty

hannibal_lusty

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:06 AM

I don't how they're going to manage to put interesting stuff up. Demos, concerts, outtakes, that's what the packages already have so I don't know what'll be leftover for the online vault. I mean if Under Moorhead Lights is package-worthy then what the hell is a subscription level below that?

#47 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,684 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

Why not just wait and see?

#48 hannibal_lusty

hannibal_lusty

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

Because I remember when the original Vault was launched, got excited about all the stuff they promised and watched it quickly dissolve into nothing.

#49 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,684 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:11 AM

So now you've got negative expectations instead of positive ones.  Expectations are not always a good thing to have, whether good or bad. 

#50 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

there's the theory that if one always expects the worse, one's never disappointed. on the other hand i recall not letting myself getting swept up in excitement and anticipation before my one and only White Stripes show because i expected something to go wrong, and then afterwards feeling that i shortchanged myself on the enjoyment of the experience by doing so.

#51 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,684 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

Well, it is possible to anticipate something without having expectations as to what it will actually be.  It's when you start to make assumptions about what you're going to experience that you set yourself up for trouble.  Whatever happened to approaching things with an open mind?  That seems to be a rare thing these days.

#52 avard

avard

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

Why not just wait and see?

I guess WINOT will just wait and see ;)  :D

#53 hannibal_lusty

hannibal_lusty

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:23 AM

So now you've got negative expectations instead of positive ones.  Expectations are not always a good thing to have, whether good or bad. 

Well yes that's generally how expectations work. Third Man said one thing, did another, now they're saying virtually the exact same thing again...

#54 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,684 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:27 AM

Third Man said one thing, did another, now they're saying virtually the exact same thing again...

Whatever happened to approaching things with an open mind?  That seems to be a rare thing these days.

Are you a glass-half-empty sorta guy, hannibal?

#55 hannibal_lusty

hannibal_lusty

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:45 AM

Are you a glass-half-empty sorta guy, hannibal?

There's nothing close minded or pessimistic about expecting disappointment from an almost identical scenario that previously left you disappointed.

#56 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,684 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:47 AM

Only if you expect it to be repeated.

And I'll stop annoying you now  ;)

#57 sikntwzd

sikntwzd

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

Very glad they are doing it like this, especially the Vault store. Otherwise, it would've been a cash grab for sure and for no good reason either.

#58 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,794 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

I feel quite pleased with the way they've taken folks' concerns into consideration, good job lads!   :)  I do hope that there'll be more Vault content in terms of videos, blogs, and such, though.

#59 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,684 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

Swank stopped into Modchat to answer questions after this morning's news announcement.  Board formatting isn't letting me paste it here for some reason, so follow the linkie to the transcript at Swirl--  http://www.whiteswir...art=150#p176494

#60 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,794 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

Poor Ben.   :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users