89 replies to this topic

#21 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,794 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

This live feed free to platinum members from TMR live shows is awesome!

#22 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

This live feed free to platinum members from TMR live shows is awesome!

second the fuck out of that - really looking forward to this feature as long as we can actually watch stuff and TMR's servers don't just turn into jelly and the video becomes moving artifacts.  Yeah I'm a little wary, sounds like an awesome idea but TMR takes time to hammer out the problems with whatever they are doing so - so sue me :P

#23 getbehindmejack

getbehindmejack

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

Can't wait to see what's in store...and I'd love to finally see some of the stuff we were promised a few years ago... i.e. Dex live video!!

#24 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

I am totally hoping they have videos of some of the bands that have already come through archived so we don't have to deal with the live streaming python choke whenever there are shows.  There aren't many but I would absolutely freak out if they put up the video to The People's Temple show :wub: you can hope right? :P

#25 poe

poe

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

While I'm glad to see TMR gain more independence I'm a little confused.
Right now I'm signed up on the "old" vault with any future payments coming directly out of my bank account when they're due but now with the "new" vault will I have to "unsubscribe" from the old vault then sign up for the new vault??

#26 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,684 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

^^ Yes.  Swank said more information will be forthcoming, so I'm sure it'll be less confusing when they lay all the details out.

Additional statements from Swank in the comments attached to the announcement--

Rolling payments will be cancelled by Modlife at the end of April. Then you are free to re-subscribe anytime between May 1st and July 31st through our site which will then be hosting the new Vault. We will release all the information and details on how and where to re-subscribe closer to May. This announcement today was just a prepartory bulletin so everyone is aware that it is coming.

And...

yes, there will be a Platinum members only store that will launch with the new Vault in May as well. Full details of all the new Vault features will be coming out shortly.

So, as usual, we wait  :)

Edited by Kali Durga, 08 April 2013 - 08:54 PM.

#27 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:42 PM

you are way better about drinking the milk than I am :P

#28 ymagirl

ymagirl

Icky Thump

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

This is very exciting news. I am so glad they'll be rid of modlife.

#29 mmshuster

mmshuster

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 454 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:32 AM

So mod life will take my payment for vault 16 and then after may 1st I need to register at TMRcorrect?

#30 fanldor

fanldor

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:44 AM

I'm surprised no one asked what's in the Vault only store...

or I just overlooked...

#31 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,684 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:15 AM

you are way better about drinking the milk than I am :P

http://youtu.be/-cgdZVLfi_Y

Pootie Tang = New Vault + Vault Store.  Screaming chick =  All of us.

(You can blame Roxxan for the video  ;) )

#32 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

:D  I'll blame her then ;)

#33 Bill B

Bill B

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

Couldn't have done this sooner. I swear every other renewal period causes an account headache of some sort for someone. My account for example, is not or has not auto renewed...yet, my usual date of billing is the first of the month . *update* One email, they took the bait. Or my money, whatever.

Edited by Bill B, 10 April 2013 - 08:53 PM.

#34 Rumble

Rumble

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 432 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

since I have the auto payment thing, or whatever the correct term is, I don't have to do anything in Modlife right? Then on May 1st I sign up again on Third Man? 

#35 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,684 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

^^ That's what it sounds like.  But they're apparently going to give us more info between now and May 1st.

#36 ncgal

ncgal

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:39 PM

I just checked and the last time Modlife was paid through my Paypal was April 3rd.  I guess that payment covers Vault Package #16. So, on May 1st, if I sign up at the new Vault, that's going to be another 60 bucks taken out right away?  I wish the people that have already paid in April would get some sort of overlap in the new Vault. 

#37 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,684 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:34 AM

That issue ^^ raged on for a while over at White Swirl, too.  The thing is, you don't have to sign up for a Platinum membership immediately on May 1st.  We don't have all the details yet, but based on the initial announcement and Swank's conversation in the Vault, there are going to be multiple levels.  If you want Vault access, it sounds as if you could just sign up for one of the lower level subscriptions (free and Gold, I think Swank said), then upgrade to Platinum when they announce what will be in package 17.  The deadline for that package is not until July 31st, so you actually have plenty of time before you'd need to pay the extra for Platinum.  And if you're one of the folks interested in the Vault Store, same thing applies-- Presumably around May 1st, they'll give us information about what's in the store so that folks can decide when they want to pay for that level of subscription.  I think we all just get so excited over TMR stuff that we all feel like "Oh man, gotta sign up right away!" when, really, we don't.

#38 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,794 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

I'm confused already about these different levels, and I don't even know what they are yet,  :wacko:

#39 Steakburger

Steakburger

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

The only problem is, if you are waiting to sign up until closer to the deadline and they then release some crazy limited release on the Vault store right at launch and your previous membership doesn't overlap. 

We shall see how it plays out though. 

#40 laurelei

laurelei

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

I am going to get through RSD then worry on this, LOL but 16 sure does look awesome! I am glad modlife is hitting the high road though.

Edited by laurelei, 19 April 2013 - 03:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users