137 replies to this topic

#21 Day Tripper

Day Tripper

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,729 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:16 AM

I had several records I wanted to purchase, so I did this. I got the Seasick Steve CD. Seems they're running out of cool stuff.

#22 marcosvaca

marcosvaca

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:50 AM

Sounds like they gave out cool shit to the first few people who ordered it to get the word out and now they're giving out excess stuff from the warehouse that nobody buys. Oh well, I'll have to find a way to enjoy my aux cable.

#23 Jupitious

Jupitious

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

That AUX cable is like $30. Not a bad "freebie". Of course, coming from someone who got the MEG camera...

#24 MICH3LL3

MICH3LL3

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

I decided to give it a try. I got a Greenhornes 'Four Stars' CD, which I did not previously own, so I'm good with that. Obviously I would have been thrilled with a bigger prize, or something I would not normally buy myself, but there are worse ways to blow $25. Chinese take out for example...

#25 Bill B

Bill B

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 172 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:56 AM

I know I'm not the only one...TMR shipped me one package. My roulette is shipping separately to me. On old swirl, there are a few of us this happened to. Stickers getting bigger?! I know my LP case was big enough to pack it all in. I would be fine with buttons or a cd. But now I'm really interested in what is going to show up.

#26 sikntwzd

sikntwzd

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:20 AM

Roulette shows up today and so does I'm shakin'. Gonna be a good day.

#27 sikntwzd

sikntwzd

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

Got my package and the mystery gift was The Black Belles Wishing Well 7 ", (plain black of course). This would be cool if I didn't already own it. I am convinced that TMR hates me. if anyone wants this record, they can have it. It will be sitting outside my front door, next to my rotting pumpkin. Taking my leave kids I'm broke and worn out.

Edited by sikntwzd, 01 November 2012 - 01:56 PM.

#28 AJ123

AJ123

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

Got my package and the mystery gift was The Black Belles Wishing Well 7 ", (plain black of course). This would be cool if I didn't already own it. I am convinced that TMR hates me. if anyone wants this record, they can have it. It will be sitting outside my front door, next to my rotting pumpkin. Taking my leave kids I'm broke and worn out.

I got a Dungen 7". Too bad there was two in that package <_<

#29 n1temare74

n1temare74

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

I recd the record cleaning kit. I had also ordered a tote bag as a Christmas gift for a friend and it arrived a little messed up. Everyone is always talking about how awesome the TMR cust service is...I'm going to have to test it out and see if they can swap/replace for me.

#30 mittensonfire

mittensonfire

Little Room Lunatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,393 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:55 AM

BUDDY HOLLY

#31 AJ123

AJ123

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

I recd the record cleaning kit. I had also ordered a tote bag as a Christmas gift for a friend and it arrived a little messed up. Everyone is always talking about how awesome the TMR cust service is...I'm going to have to test it out and see if they can swap/replace for me.

How much did it say yuor package weighed with the cleaning kit. Really want to score one of those.

#32 n1temare74

n1temare74

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

2.5lbs (I ordered a roulette, sticker, tote bag & the "I'm Shakin" single)

:offtopic: THANK GOD the FedEx guy tied it in a bag & hung it on my front door - otherwise the whole box would have been a soggy mess...

#33 AJ123

AJ123

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

2.5lbs (I ordered a roulette, sticker, tote bag & the "I'm Shakin" single)

:offtopic: THANK GOD the FedEx guy tied it in a bag & hung it on my front door - otherwise the whole box would have been a soggy mess...

Fedex is the best shipper. Better than UPS and maybe USPS (my usps is really nice at being careful with packages)

#34 MimiXDawn

MimiXDawn

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 211 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

I'm really contemplating it... My friend got one of the records that he ordered in the roulette though... Hmmmmm
I just really want that damn camera and not have to pay $150 D:

#35 AJ123

AJ123

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

I'm really contemplating it... My friend got one of the records that he ordered in the roulette though... Hmmmmm
I just really want that damn camera and not have to pay $150 D:

Its worth it. You get $5 off your vinyls plus a mystery item. I got a record I ordered in the roulette and just sold it to my friends for $5. You could score big though so its worth the risk. I'm going to order 2 or 3 more once I get some extra cash at Xmas ( gotta eventually get something good.)

#36 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

Christmas? How long are they going to keep doing this, have they said? I mean, they must run out of extra stuff eventually!

#37 Bill B

Bill B

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

They must have run out...I got my singles, nothing for my mystery item, and they shipped the wrong LP case, I got the TMR not the WS. Outcome pending...got my return label already but they make no mention of shipping my mystery item, just the case. Oh well, I will see how this shakes out. I didnt want to be the one to test customer service, but here goes...

#38 AJ123

AJ123

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

Christmas? How long are they going to keep doing this, have they said? I mean, they must run out of extra stuff eventually!

I'm pretty sure it will be a permanent thing. Its great business. Some people on swirl have bought 4 already!

#39 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

Yes, but they can't have an infinite amount of extra stuff, was my thinking. :unsure: It seemed to me more like a way to clear the warehouse, and at some point it'll be clear--won't it?

#40 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,783 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

At the rate that TMR is constantly creating new stuff, I think that warehouse will always have things of some sort in it. Plus, they've apparently dug around under the couch cushions for some of the things people have received-- an ICP test pressing, that Hysteric Glamour book...

Now they just need some new Blue Series. I've already got all the ones I want.

And why the heck can't you play vinyl roulette with the Green Series?

Edited by Kali Durga, 05 November 2012 - 09:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users