388 replies to this topic

#381 Melly

Melly

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:04 AM

It's a club-type venue. Called The Troubadour. I think TWS played there in 2001. It holds about 300-400 people

Me and my husband will be there too.  The Troubadour is a legendary club here in LA.  It has an amazing history and will be a great place to see Pokey and the gang.  I hope I can say hi, and give you a high five on behalf of all the LR-ers for everything you've done for us over the last year!

#382 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,695 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:04 AM

I hope I can say hi, and give you a high five on behalf of all the LR-ers for everything you've done for us over the last year!

If you do, please give him a huge hug on my behalf!!

atrevino and her bff and I are going to see Pokey (and the South City Three et al. I still think of them as the SC#) this Saturday here in DC.  Last time I saw them was at a sit-down place, I'm really looking forward to seeing them in a little standing-room club again.

#383 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:40 PM

Me and my husband will be there too.  The Troubadour is a legendary club here in LA.  It has an amazing history and will be a great place to see Pokey and the gang.  I hope I can say hi, and give you a high five on behalf of all the LR-ers for everything you've done for us over the last year!

Ah awesome! Hopefully we can meet there!

atrevino and her bff and I are going to see Pokey (and the South City Three et al. I still think of them as the SC#) this Saturday here in DC.  Last time I saw them was at a sit-down place, I'm really looking forward to seeing them in a little standing-room club again.

He's playing at the Black Cat, right? I hope you guys have a great time!

Oh and I have Pokey's appearance yesterday on the St. Louis radio station. I'll try posting it up here tomorrow.

#384 Melly

Melly

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:12 PM

If you do, please give him a huge hug on my behalf!!

I promise that I will hug him on behalf of everyone on this forum that has been able to further enjoy Jack's music because of him.  Poor kid will be smothered in huggles!!!

Also, that last time I saw Pokey, I also ran into Jack at the show.  Quite a moment to have that minute with him.

Edited by Melly, 28 April 2015 - 11:13 PM.

#385 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:25 PM

Hahaha :)

Actually, Pokey's appearance is on NPR's site and you can download the interview there

http://www.npr.org/2...ng-in-the-water

#386 lindapoirier

lindapoirier

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,410 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 10:51 PM

i found a 10" bob wills ep while going through my collection in the basement of the farm. it's so pokey. hahahahaha!

#387 goodmorningspider

goodmorningspider

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:43 PM

Tell you what, Mr. LaFarge has been studying at the Jack White School of Showmanship. 

#388 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:52 AM

I was watching Sun Records on CMT and the gent playing (and singing) as Hank Snow reminded me of Pokey.

cuz it wuz, cuz! Good for him. Good for CMT. Good for all of us. Good morning Little Room!

#389 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:16 PM

I can't wait for his new album to come out!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users