5 replies to this topic

#1 lyndont

lyndont

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 03:42 PM

Edited by lyndont, 17 March 2017 - 05:21 PM.

#2 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,845 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 05:08 PM

Jack played Sugar Never Tasted So Good at the Deer Lake Park show in Burnaby.  Is that the one you attended?  Because a recording of that concert just surfaced here in the past week.

Anyways, welcome.  And I agree:  people can react in such a hostile manner to music they don't like, and music appreciation is a very personal thing, so it can sometimes feel almost like a personal attack, when they do that.  We try not to be rude like that around here.

Cheers.

#3 lyndont

lyndont

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 05:15 PM

Yes, it was Deer Lake. Thank-you for your kind words.

#4 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,684 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 06:42 PM

Hello, Lyndon, nice to "meet" you.  Very sorry your first experience here wasn't more pleasant, being new to a place can be tricky until you get familiar with rules, regs, protocols, etiquettes, personalities, and such. Glad that you came back, though, and I hope you enjoy exploring the wealth of info that is the LR.  And if you haven't seen the whitestripes.net FAQ about the band, be sure to check it out, it's really fascinating--  http://www.whitestripes.net/faq.php

I saw that Jamilia also recommended you check out the Show Your Love For Meg thread- You'll find yourself in good company among the Meg lovers  :)

#5 lyndont

lyndont

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 06:47 PM

Thank-you.

#6 Jamilia

Jamilia

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 352 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 08:30 PM

Welcome, Lyndon! If you feel a connection with Meg you are in the right place! You'll need to find Ká and MacWacky, they also appreciate Meg a great deal. I love TWS, they are still my favorite band.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users