golden showers bring gay flowers

#22 Thee Mirror Man

Thee Mirror Man

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:57 AM

I had always felt this song was more about the moon than the sun.

#23 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 03:58 PM

I always thought it was about love and sex.

Now that I read the lyrics, it does seem like a werewolf sort of thing haha. Which makes the song much more interesting when you can see it multiple ways.

I thought it was about sex and tempation. And I thought the hungry parts just referenced that the woman was making him want her. That's how it just came to me, but this werewolf stuff is really interesting way to see it.

The thought that it's just about the moon and sun makes sense too. I like both werewolf and moon/sun.

Edited by Ak1nney, 10 May 2010 - 04:00 PM.

#24 Suzy Lee

Suzy Lee

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 330 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:19 PM

if the sun is yellow, what color is the moon?

#25 cheriebobbins

cheriebobbins

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,318 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:22 PM

If the sun is yellow, then the moon is blue,
sun/moon, yellow/blue, warm/cold,

I can only see in it what i relate to...
I am a woman, so I associate 'the cycle of the moon' with hormonal things...Posted Image

Edited by cheriebobbins, 19 May 2010 - 08:42 PM.

#26 Jack Starr

Jack Starr

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 224 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:36 PM

This song isn't about werewolves, it's about the son being on fire.

#27 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:54 PM

I think it's just another Brendan song, nothing really special about it except it sounds awesome. (Not to diss on Brendan but his Raconteurs song writing is not extremely complex...though it is good).

The "You're Making Me Hungry" part is obviously a Jack-inserted thing that really makes no sense.

For some reason I always assume Jack writes the songs with colors in the titles.

Well... i dont find this song particularly scary or complicated at all.. as a matter of fact it has a particularly Sesame Street feel about it to be perfectly honest... i really find it to be some particular celebration of the obvious coming to light... As a natter fact i am feeling it is not a werewolf story at all even though there will be no one stepping forward to dispel any ambiguity as some form of specified truth... too close to home

Most forward in my ideas is the idea that this is not primarily B.Bensons work but crafted with his assistance... I feel that it is truly a Jack song... seriously... it has all the makings of the sort of twisted relationship song that we know rolls off Jacks tongue and worms through his particular brand of sentimental vision .... lines like these are purely the twist of tongue that comes from Jack

i started to analyze these lines piece by piece but instead i realize that its pure argument to do so...

i can see what the lyrics mean to a hidden soul... this is the meaning of the song indeed and should i reveal this persons truth then??? no

Edited by thee radical eclectic, 03 March 2011 - 12:00 AM.

#28 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:04 AM

Whats that you say Jack Starr??

oh... son being on fire... yes well... maybe a shot of antibiotics will take care of that??

Edited by thee radical eclectic, 03 March 2011 - 12:12 AM.

#29 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:10 AM

golden showers bring gay flowers

indeed...

I had always felt this song was more about the moon than the sun.

according to what i know about the neville brothers song 'Yellow Moon'... yes it is a song about hidden affairs

i nearly dare to say that it is none of my business but listening to the song as a recording and then as a live capture i would say that it is everyones business and that the song had changed quite a lot after each person got a hold of it and interpreted a delivery of all its content

i will have no part of changing the song more from what it was initially intended to be... i feel this is an issue maybe Jack is coming to terms with as an independent artist on his path now... not to champion him as if he has been wronged but rather to say that it is time to untie the confusion

#30 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:37 PM

i just wanted to add how much i love the drum combinations in this song... just untouchable

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users