43 replies to this topic

#1 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:45 PM

A post today by Kali Durga has brought up a lot of thoughts and good memories of this forum/community for me. I don't think I would be the die hard fan I am today without this place. Before Jack was a household name and before he got the credit he deserves, information wasn't as widely spread as it is now. The Little Room is where you would find everything you needed. And to this day, it still is... I've had a handful of people send me dvds and cds over the years and expected nothing in return. They knew at the time I had dial up, and it was impossible for me to get shows. You don't see that on other forums regularly.

I just wanted to thank Kingsnake and all of the moderators now and over the years for making this site such a big part of my musical experience. I still get on here almost every single day, and have over the past 11 years. Kali hasn't been around as long as some, but the dedication and love for this place and the music makes that completely irrelevant. If anything, it has brought the die hard out in me much more. Seeing someone with that sort of enthusiasm for it all... it reignites it in me.

I hope this place stays around for a long time. When I get a little more funds to toss around, I'll do what I can to make sure that happens. Anyways, I just wanted to be all sappy and express my love and respect for this forum and the people that make it such a positive and resourceful place.

-Adam

#2 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 02:16 PM

Whew, that's a relief.  Based on the thread title, I thought someone might be signing off for a while.

And I concur with your statements above.  Good ol' Tam! :lol:

#3 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,779 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 02:16 PM

That's beautiful, man.  And the sentiment is both agreed with and returned   :)  Still a damned shame Helen and I didn't get to meet you at MI Fest.

And good ol' Brian, really, 'cause he's the one who keeps this place going!  I'm just a babbling fool who happens to be here a lot. 

Edited by Kali Durga, 12 September 2015 - 02:19 PM.

#4 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 02:22 PM

Yes, yes, of course, Brian is the man.

And you're no babbling fool.  You're actually very coherent, 99% of the time (we won't speak of that other 1% ;)).

#5 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,779 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 02:34 PM

Hah!

Though if kudos are being given to mods here, then a tremendous amount of credit needs to go to Colin. Twitch was still around when I joined, and Matthew and Angelina have both been mods for a couple of years, but Colin's who I think of as the "model mod", so to speak, of the LR.  Our voice of reason and knowledge, a man of mystery who's very essential to this place.

#6 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 02:37 PM

Matthew's a mod?  I am...............not very perceptive. :lol:

#7 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,779 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 02:43 PM

The other Matthew, Mr. JellyRoll Baker.

#8 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 02:50 PM

Ah.  I can't keep track of everyone's actual name.  Save for you (I think of Tammy Wynette..."ANCIENTS OF MOO MOO...KLF IS GONNA ROCK YOU!") and a few others. 

#9 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,779 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 03:01 PM

I'm glad you joined the forum, J.C., you definitely make me laugh  :)  (Notice all the emoticons I'm using? Just for you   ;) )

(I think of Tammy Wynette..."ANCIENTS OF MOO MOO...KLF IS GONNA ROCK YOU!")

Wtf??

#10 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 03:22 PM

Nothing specific in the lyrics, just the first Tammy that comes to mind.  It's certainly better than Tammy Faye-Baker.

#11 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,779 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:07 PM

Is what you quoted an actual Tammy Wynette lyric? That's what I was wtf'ing about.

#12 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:55 PM

#13 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,779 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 06:12 PM

Hahahahhahaahahaha!  I remember that song when it came out, but I never actually listened to it.

And this thread just went from beautiful to really, really weird  ;)

#14 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 06:24 PM

That is my..................primary point-of-reference for Tammy Wynette. :mellow:

#15 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 06:44 PM

I'm glad you joined the forum, J.C., you definitely make me laugh   :)  (Notice all the emoticons I'm using? Just for you   ;) )

And before I head off to the gym, thank you for that.

(I've actually been a member of this board since 2005, but my posts became more and more infrequent as TWS began to fade away.  But Jack solo brought me back.)

So, I came back for Jack('s music), and stayed for the people.

Adios for now, seniorita.

#16 Jamilia

Jamilia

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 352 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:21 PM

As the kids say: all the feels! This is a wonderful thread. Thanks to all of you for making The LR the wonderful place it is.

#17 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,420 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 02:18 PM

Thanks Adam, for the kind words about this place!  It makes me happy to know that so many people who have come through here have enjoyed their experience, mainly because of the awesome people, past and present, who have shaped this community into what is today.  I harp on it a lot now, but the lanscape is so different today than it was a decade ago.  Now, there are so many options to talk about your favorite topics (Facebook, etc).  But I still feel this place is relevent in the grand scheme of things.  My life is so crazy, I wish I could hang out on here and partcipate as much as I used to but as they say... it is what it is.

And I agree 110 percent that Kali is essential to this community.  Her passion shines through here... as well as her amazingly wonderful Facebook group!

#18 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:35 PM

As the kids say: all the feels! This is a wonderful thread. Thanks to all of you for making The LR the wonderful place it is.

I second this! This is a great forum to be a part of.

#19 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 04:29 PM

It's also nice that they allow two Matthews in here...it was a bit dodgy there, for a while. :mellow:

#20 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,779 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:31 PM

It's also nice that they allow two Matthews in here...it was a bit dodgy there, for a while. :mellow:

And I'll second that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users