10 replies to this topic

#1 ostara

ostara

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:30 AM

I just joined this here site yesterday and its seems like a gosh darn ghost town. Seriously, great idea but I can't tell what was updated or not and no one is here either way. A little sad about that actually.

Please check out my site on ReverbNation:

https://www.reverbna...ian/holbrookbec

Thank you and Goodnight!

--->Bec

#2 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 01:08 PM

Welcome! Nice to have you here! :)

#3 ostara

ostara

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:05 PM

Welcome! Nice to have you here! :)

Nice to have someone reply! The welcome is slowly feeling warmer. Lol

#4 Jamilia

Jamilia

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 352 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 04:07 PM

Welcome to The Littleroom! It's a bit more little at present, but don't let that fool you. It's a lovely place :-)

#5 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,684 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 04:50 PM

The Little Room began as a White Stripes message board and, unfortunately, it seems that a lot of the folks who were originally on the board just aren't into what Jack's doing now.  And other forms of social networking have taken a bite out of both message boards (the other one being the collector's site, White Swirl).  But we try to keep the LR pertinent, even if there isn't much activity, at least not right now during Jack's touring hiatus. New members continue to join, but few of them jump in to the conversation, so it's nice to see a new person speak up.  Welcome aboard.

#6 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:27 AM

yes, indeed, welcome to the room and feel free to write in the walls

#7 ostara

ostara

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:43 PM

yes, indeed, welcome to the room and feel free to write in the walls

I like your wall of Meg!

#8 ostara

ostara

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:51 PM

The Little Room began as a White Stripes message board and, unfortunately, it seems that a lot of the folks who were originally on the board just aren't into what Jack's doing now.  And other forms of social networking have taken a bite out of both message boards (the other one being the collector's site, White Swirl).  But we try to keep the LR pertinent, even if there isn't much activity, at least not right now during Jack's touring hiatus. New members continue to join, but few of them jump in to the conversation, so it's nice to see a new person speak up.  Welcome aboard.

That happens all the time in life, relevance is a subjective thing. There are plenty of people who have not heard The White Stripes or Jack White yet so this type of forum for fans never loses its relevance. :)

#9 ostara

ostara

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:51 PM

I too am just starting to get into Jack White's other work, there is a lot of it. And in the absence of The White Stripes at least we have one member still producing new stuff. I'm sure he still performs their songs when he is on tour with his other projects. I have been listening to stuff from Jack's Lazaretto album. I would love to cover one of the songs eventually. :)

#10 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,845 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:55 AM

I too am just starting to get into Jack White's other work, there is a lot of it. And in the absence of The White Stripes at least we have one member still producing new stuff. I'm sure he still performs their songs when he is on tour with his other projects.

Go nuts:  http://littleroom.wh...showtopic=71199

#11 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:42 AM

I'm glad you joined and are actively posting!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users