11 replies to this topic

#1 sweetie

sweetie

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:50 PM

Hello!  This is my first post in the Little Room, although I post a tiny bit over on White Swirl.  I started listening to the White Stripes thanks to a glowing article in Time in 2001.  My love grew from there, but my true moment happened in the mid-2000s.  It was my first night on a cruise ship heading towards Columbia and my normal insomnia kicked in.  It was 1 or 2 am, my sail-away martinis had worn off, so I decided to go for a jog.  It was pitch black and you could not see except a few feet of ocean lit up by the boat.  No lights were in the distance.  There were a couple of men doing maintenance, but beyond that I was alone on the running deck and it was so peaceful, and I felt alone and small in a good way.  While I ran, I listened to White Blood Cells, Elephant and GBMS. It was as close to perfect as real life can get.  After that I was hooked.  I was able to bring my husband on board with It Might Get Loud.  He watched to fulfill his U2 fandom and found a new outlet instead.  

I promise my future posts won't be this flowery.  And I look chatting with y'all.

#2 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,779 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:11 PM

Don't sweat the floweriness, it's very cool to hear about experiences like that.  Welcome aboard, looking forward to more posts from you.

#3 stripes42

stripes42

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,797 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:23 PM

welcome!

#4 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:47 PM

Hello!

#5 barrowc

barrowc

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,284 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:16 PM

Hello :)

#6 sweetie

sweetie

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 09:42 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome!

#7 Jamilia

Jamilia

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 352 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:05 PM

Welcome!

#8 Astro3

Astro3

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 02:19 AM

Hello! I have posted some on this forum but I have yet to post here. I have been listening to Jack for as long as I can remember. My dad first saw them on Conan when they were the musical guest for a full week. Does anybody else recall Jack's guitar solo on Conan's desk? Ever since I grew up with the White Stripes and I loved every minute of it!

#9 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 02:42 PM

I think the solo on Conan's desk was during Let's Build A Home, even though the week they played on Conan was during the release of Elephant.

And welcome to the forum.

Edited by J.C., 22 June 2015 - 02:42 PM.

#10 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,779 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 02:48 PM

I think the solo on Conan's desk was during Let's Build A Home, ...

Let's Build a Home/Goin' Back to Memphis.  It used to be on YouTube, but I couldn't find it when I searched just now.

#11 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:38 PM

Let's Build a Home/Goin' Back to Memphis.  It used to be on YouTube, but I couldn't find it when I searched just now.

It's on Dailymotion. Got taken down from YouTube due to copyright.

http://www.dailymoti...e-stripes_music

#12 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,779 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 06:34 PM

That's what I figured.  Definitely one of the best things ever.  Thanks, Astro3, for giving us an excuse to pull it up again :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users