#21 CHEEKY

CHEEKY

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:17 PM

The Love is mutual.

I believe it was Syd Barrett who first said Bob had a Heart of Gold.

#22 rat

rat

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,112 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:14 AM

ha! no. i want to be the only person in the world who thinks bob is a jerk. can you imagine what it must be like to be bob dylan???? holy fuck, someone should right a song about that very thing.

really? i was serious about not seeing it when i've been out and about. i will keep my eyes open wider.

i think when he got picked up for vagrancy last year that that had to be so awesome for BOB DYLAN. no really, i think that it must have thrilled the fuck out of him to find people who didn't know who he was. hahahahaaa, i think that is just perfect. someone should write a song about that very thing.

edit. i heard somewhere on the bee vine that he supposedly asked the people who now own the home that neil young grew up in if he could see his room. can you believe that? bob dylan stalks neil young. did he just go in there and sit down? why? oh crazy old bob dylan. i love him.

Yeah, I read also that he went to Tupelo where the king grew up and said he could feel the electricity in the air.

#23 lindapoirier

lindapoirier

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,501 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:55 AM

ohhh, i love crazy bob stories. i suppose though, what do you do with your spare time when you are him, eh? what a wacko!

#24 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 07:45 AM

Really. He just don't know what to do with himself. Eccentric little bugger that he is.

#25 Melon

Melon

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:40 AM

All right, what you have here is two folders. The "aborted" session from the "original" Blood On The Tracks album and assorted outtakes, then whatever "official" stuff from that era has been put out by Columbia over the years. Good luck.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ktheow

hey mittens is there any chance you could repost that? I brain farted and deleted it a few weeks ago,

anyways, looking at Expecting Rain can't find the rare recordings, did they change the site or i'm i missing it?

#26 VivaLaVinyl

VivaLaVinyl

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 319 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:06 PM

hey mittens is there any chance you could repost that? I brain farted and deleted it a few weeks ago,

anyways, looking at Expecting Rain can't find the rare recordings, did they change the site or i'm i missing it?

Are you registered on the board? That's the only way you can see the bootleg page

#27 VivaLaVinyl

VivaLaVinyl

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 319 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:06 PM

Are you registered on the board? That's the only way you can see the bootleg page

#28 Melon

Melon

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:17 PM

i am... can you walk me through were to find the bootleg page? maybe a link or wich tabs to click through? all i can really find is the forum but its just discussion no boots. i don't i'm probably missing something right in front of me.

#29 gibsona07

gibsona07

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:24 PM

i am... can you walk me through were to find the bootleg page? maybe a link or wich tabs to click through? all i can really find is the forum but its just discussion no boots. i don't i'm probably missing something right in front of me.

Enjoy http://www.expecting...wforum.php?f=26

Some of the links are now dead, try 'Not Thin Man's' Mediafire folder if that is the case. Oh, and stick around to post too ;)

#30 Melon

Melon

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:43 PM

Enjoy http://www.expecting...wforum.php?f=26

Some of the links are now dead, try 'Not Thin Man's' Mediafire folder if that is the case. Oh, and stick around to post too ;)

ah ha! there we go. not sure why i couldn't find it before. thanks :)

Would you recomend a few finds from Not Thin Man's... feel like downloading but its hard to decide which ones, gimme a few good ones.

Edited by Melon, 06 May 2011 - 05:54 PM.

#31 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:29 PM

Im not sure what it is about this film

Posted Image

but it was incredibly intuitive and laudible as art and documentary

it reaffirmed my notions that i have no preconceived notions about b.dylan

#32 gibsona07

gibsona07

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:21 PM

ah ha! there we go. not sure why i couldn't find it before. thanks :)

Would you recomend a few finds from Not Thin Man's... feel like downloading but its hard to decide which ones, gimme a few good ones.

hmmm let me think... there are so many good ones!

Off the top of my head...

Spring 2004 is really great, try Toronto 20th March or even Detroit 7th March where Jack White himself sits in to play Ball and Biscuit.

Then there's 2002, try Red Bluff or Fairfax. Pretty much anything from '97 to '04 is great, more recently his Bobness played two great gigs in Taipei and Shanghai this year.

94 is also great, I'd go for Warsaw

Outside of the Never Ending Tour the 75 Rolling Thunder Revue is epic, go for MSG or Montreal.

Enjoy!

There's also a thread in the rare recordings section entitled '75 greatest concerts' which should all be found in Thin Man's folders.

EDIT: someone on Expecting Rain recently ran a series of his favourite shows, all of which are pretty good :D http://www.expecting...hp?f=12&t=54702

Edited by gibsona07, 07 May 2011 - 04:26 PM.

#33 lindapoirier

lindapoirier

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,501 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:10 PM

http://www.latimes.c...6414,full.story

186 times!!! unfuckingbelievable!

#34 mittensonfire

mittensonfire

Little Room Lunatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,393 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:46 AM

Well this is odd. Dylan's statement today. (http://www.bobdylan....s-and-followers)

To my fans and followers
Allow me to clarify a couple of things about this so-called China controversy which has been going on for over a year. First of all, we were never denied permission to play in China. This was all drummed up by a Chinese promoter who was trying to get me to come there after playing Japan and Korea. My guess is that the guy printed up tickets and made promises to certain groups without any agreements being made. We had no intention of playing China at that time, and when it didn't happen most likely the promoter had to save face by issuing statements that the Chinese Ministry had refused permission for me to play there to get himself off the hook. If anybody had bothered to check with the Chinese authorities, it would have been clear that the Chinese authorities were unaware of the whole thing.

We did go there this year under a different promoter. According to Mojo magazine the concerts were attended mostly by ex-pats and there were a lot of empty seats. Not true. If anybody wants to check with any of the concert-goers they will see that it was mostly Chinese young people that came. Very few ex-pats if any. The ex-pats were mostly in Hong Kong not Beijing. Out of 13,000 seats we sold about 12,000 of them, and the rest of the tickets were given away to orphanages. The Chinese press did tout me as a sixties icon, however, and posted my picture all over the place with Joan Baez, Che Guevara, Jack Kerouac and Allen Ginsberg. The concert attendees probably wouldn't have known about any of those people. Regardless, they responded enthusiastically to the songs on my last 4 or 5 records. Ask anyone who was there. They were young and my feeling was that they wouldn't have known my early songs anyway.

As far as censorship goes, the Chinese government had asked for the names of the songs that I would be playing. There's no logical answer to that, so we sent them the set lists from the previous 3 months. If there were any songs, verses or lines censored, nobody ever told me about it and we played all the songs that we intended to play.

Everybody knows by now that there's a gazillion books on me either out or coming out in the near future. So I'm encouraging anybody who's ever met me, heard me or even seen me, to get in on the action and scribble their own book. You never know, somebody might have a great book in them.

#35 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:54 AM

I feel embarrassed, I never heard of this China controversy. :ph34r: I've heard Dylan though, maybe I should write a book. ("They stone you when you're trying to make a book . . ")

#36 stripes42

stripes42

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,803 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:36 AM

Everybody knows by now that there's a gazillion books on me either out or coming out in the near future. So I'm encouraging anybody who's ever met me, heard me or even seen me, to get in on the action and scribble their own book. You never know, somebody might have a great book in them.

lol

#37 rat

rat

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,112 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:48 PM

Rolling stone have come out with a list of the 10 best Bob DYlan bootlegs.

Link to article

There are some rippers in there.

So far I've only found (Hope you're registered on dime)

- The Supper Club, 11/16/93 (Link)

- Tramps, 7/26/99 (Link)

- Toronto, 1980 (Rock Solid)

- San Jose, 5-19-98 (Link)

There are some great performances here, particularly the Supper Club gig which the article calls his best gig of the past 25 years... consider it an alternative MTV Unplugged album.... The Toronto gig is a fiery, fiery performance, I'll add links as I find more!

Edited by rat, 13 May 2011 - 06:50 PM.

#38 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:18 AM

Its not here but i think its worthy of droppin off here

http://www.antiquiet...-hank-williams/

now i am wondering which song besides the ones we have heard of dylans moved Jack as if it were his own

As for this stuff i read on the other page.... damn woman... i think you let it rip to the size of a continental divide on that one...

no really. there is this one song on volume 8 that i downloaded from tim once. it is red river shore. that is my favourite. i could listen to it over and over and over and over. i never tire of it at all.

sometimes i think nobody ever saw me here at all

listen. so you cocksuckers know, i do have vol. 1 -7. i just haven't got around to buying 8 yet. actually, now that i cum to think of it, i haven't really ever seen it in a store from which i could actually purchase it. i think, no really, that i am looking to find it at a yard sale. no really. the folks around here don't even like boob dylan and i know that if only i have enough patience, i will find it for 2 bucks at a yard sale. a present from someone's "crazy" aunt for christmas that they never listened to.

now where was i. oh, disc two on volume 5 is exceptional. really brilliant shit. the water is wide is fucking phenomenal. no really. did someone say that already? i don't read what you fuckers write. oh gosh now don't get upset.

i do know that you fucking people listen to far far FAR too much boob. you need to stop. it isn't really any good for you to covet all that shit anyway.

here it is. just so you know that i have given booby money. i've helped support the poor man.

Posted Image

soooo, i just may have gotten all of his vinyl for next to nothing. that doesn't really matter. i don't have any of those fucking rare bootlegs on vinyl. i know sooooome people here just might but that ain't me. no it's not me you're looking for.

in concluding, i feel it just might be best to fuck bob dylan. i know that i've told you this before but i knew someone once, who knew a girl that knew a girl that just might have pulled on ole bob's wiener. i hear tell, it tasted like sausage.

ha! no. i want to be the only person in the world who thinks bob is a jerk. can you imagine what it must be like to be bob dylan???? holy fuck, someone should right a song about that very thing.

really? i was serious about not seeing it when i've been out and about. i will keep my eyes open wider.

i think when he got picked up for vagrancy last year that that had to be so awesome for BOB DYLAN. no really, i think that it must have thrilled the fuck out of him to find people who didn't know who he was. hahahahaaa, i think that is just perfect. someone should write a song about that very thing.

edit. i heard somewhere on the bee vine that he supposedly asked the people who now own the home that neil young grew up in if he could see his room. can you believe that? bob dylan stalks neil young. did he just go in there and sit down? why? oh crazy old bob dylan. i love him.

#39 Divemistress of the Dark

Divemistress of the Dark

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:05 PM

Just now on FB, for those who can make it to Nashville...

https://www.facebook.com/sundazed

In honor of Mr. Zimmerman's 70th, Sundazed guys Bob Irwin and Tim Hibbs will be spinning rare 45s of their fave Dylan cover versions - this coming Tuesday eve at Grimey's New & Preloved Music in Nashville! Records! Beer! Cake! C'mon y'all!!!

#40 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 01:13 PM

Just now on FB, for those who can make it to Nashville...

https://www.facebook.com/sundazed

Very Cool... and a Very Very Happy Birthday to Mr. Dylan himself!

now off to the Hootenanny!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users