19 replies to this topic

#1 SevenTimes77

SevenTimes77

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:14 PM

My friend recently got a copy of Season 1 on DVD, and she let me borrow them over the weekend. I must say this show is timeless. Everything about it is awesome. The music, the characters, the crazy stories. This show is simply marvelous. Now what I must do is to find a job, and make money from said job so that I may purchase the next season on DVD. So, talk about waht you remember about this awesome show. Share stories you and your parents had sitting aroudn the campfire watching this show.

#2 hooleydooley3

hooleydooley3

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:30 PM

Holy shit, they have DVDs?!?!?! I once found a VHS with 2 episodes at a yard sale but i didn't know about the DVDs. Man....I used to watch that religiously. Old School Nickelodeon was badass. I can't be trouble for too many details at the moment, but my fondest memories were the metal place in the mother's head and, of course, Artie: The strongest man...IN THE WORLD...(yeah, I'm a dork)

#3 Day Tripper

Day Tripper

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,729 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:36 PM

aw, man, that show ROCKED! I miss all those old shows on Nick... Stick Stickley scared me at first, then he was like my best friend as I sat around the TV watching shows I wasn't supposed to (after all, Are You Afraid of the Dark was rated Y7, and I was only 5 at the time). My favorite show was Legends of the Hidden Temple, although Salute Your Shorts and Hey Dude! also earn a place in the old school Nick hall of fame in my heart. :wub:

#4 hooleydooley3

hooleydooley3

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:42 PM

Yeah, Stick Stickley was badass, as was the old Nick. The girlfriend and I recently had an hour long conversation on the show Doug. That show was amazing, too, until Disney ate it up and destroyed it. Ah, I swear, I could talk about these shows for hours.

Oh yeah....on topic? Pete&Pete...um...little Pete was the best. He had that red and black plaid Fargo hat. And what was the name of the tattoo girl on his arm?

#5 SevenTimes77

SevenTimes77

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:52 PM

Petunia

#6 The Blackadder

The Blackadder

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,423 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:52 PM

I remember this show. Not a big fan i have to admit, but some of it was funny.

#7 runofthemill

runofthemill

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:10 AM

*raises hand*

I have it too.

:)

#8 Watash

Watash

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 09:51 AM

the introduction song is so cool. i love this show so much. i used to watch reruns a couple of years ago on the N. remember all the villians like papercut, and sandwich guy or something, and the adult who hated arty who sold aluminum siding for houses.

#9 Stripes21

Stripes21

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 10:31 AM

the introduction song is so cool. i love this show so much. i used to watch reruns a couple of years ago on the N. remember all the villians like papercut, and sandwich guy or something, and the adult who hated arty who sold aluminum siding for houses.

I agree! Ah...that show was great. I miss all of those old Nickelodeon shows, like Are You Afraid of the Dark, and such. There was another show I can't think of...Camp Kara-something. Karawanna, or something. It's something along those lines. Meh.

#10 runofthemill

runofthemill

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 10:56 AM

Theme Song

#11 frankietwop

frankietwop

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 02:55 PM

and sandwich guy or something

his name was open face, because he ate open face sandwhiches all the time.

There was another show I can't think of...Camp Kara-something. Karawanna, or something. It's something along those lines. Meh.

camp anawanna. that was "salute your shorts". with budnick, and donkey lips and ugg.

lol.

#12 Watash

Watash

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 03:06 PM

camp anawana we hold you in our hearts, and when we think about you it makes me want to fart,
its i dont ever want to part now get it right or pay the price.

#13 Guest_Strangelove_*

Guest_Strangelove_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2006 - 05:06 PM

Never have the words " fungus-lick" and "blowhole" been uttered with such gusto. Not before, not since.

#14 ImTheFloor

ImTheFloor

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 06:35 PM

I haven't seen this show in forever and all I remember was when they wanted to stay up for a really long time and all the little Asian girl had to do was look at the sun and sneeze and she'd be fine.

I also remember having a thing for big Pete. I was probably like 5.

#15 southern_dandy

southern_dandy

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 08:32 PM

My favorite character is easily busdriver Stu Benedict.

"This is your driver, Stu, with an update on our new on-board regulations.
Passengers will refrain from KILLING MY SOUL."

#16 Fried Gold

Fried Gold

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 09:25 PM

this is probably the greatest thread ever, two shows from my child hood....great memories.

does anyone remember Hey Dude!,?

pretty much Salute Your Shorts crossed with saved by the bell, on a cattle ranch camp type place....great show.

#17 HoveringSombrero

HoveringSombrero

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 09:26 PM

I watched a few episodes at my friends house. It's pretty much great.

#18 python

python

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 09:54 PM

that show was my introduction to Iggy Pop

#19 great_show

great_show

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 205 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 03:38 AM

I'd probably download some Old Nickelodeon episodes just for nostalgic purposes. There were some good episodes of Are You Afraid of The Dark, Adventures of Pete & Pete, and of course You Can't Do That On Television.

#20 runr

runr

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:59 PM

pete & pete was the best by far. not only was the writing brilliant, but they attracted amazing guest stars: iggy pop, hunter s. thompson, marshall crenshaw, michael stipe....and more i can't remember. i liked it as a kid, but as an adult, i think it's even funnier.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users