5 replies to this topic

#1 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 11:14 AM

Who else watches this show?!? It keeps getting better and better and I have no idea how.

#2 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 03:10 PM

I don't have HBO on a regular basis, but I'll probably get caught up on this show at some point.  What I've seen of it has inspired more chuckles than full-on laughs from me, though.

#3 ElectricitysGhost

ElectricitysGhost

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 04:13 PM

Fucking hilarious show. 

#4 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:45 PM

I don't have HBO on a regular basis, but I'll probably get caught up on this show at some point.  What I've seen of it has inspired more chuckles than full-on laughs from me, though.

You definitely should. You'd have to watch the show to get the full on laughs. Some of the best lines in each episode tend to be omitted from the previews.

#5 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 03:24 PM

No, I've seen complete episodes of the show.  And I think the cast -- particularly JLD and Tony Hale -- are really good.  It's just such an aggressively cynical series (as was the creator's The Thick of It and the film In The Loop) that it sort of bums me out as much as it makes me laugh, at times.

My public library has the box sets.  I will go through the whole series eventually.

#6 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 03:50 PM

Ohh ok. I see what you're saying. Julia and Tony are so good like you said. Sam Richardson's character is also really good. I didn't like the character at first but now I'm a big fan. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users