#1 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,384 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 01:28 PM

Question submitted by: KingSnake

Regarding the 'No One Knows How to Talk to Children' documentary, there are rumors that the film is already being sold and circulated on the internet. What are your feelings about this, and do you have the legal means to stop it?

#2 Jack White

Jack White

Icky Thump

• Band Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 05:34 PM

i know for a fact that he's doing that. and i don't want to say his name because that's WHY he's doing all of this, to make a name for himself. seems to be a refrain for the white stripes lately. he's breaking the law, and worst of all he completely broke our trust and confidence in him. we never "stole" any ideas from him. we never 'ripped him off" that's just plain ridiculous. he has no right to screen that film. and definitely no right to send copies to anyone. yes we have the legal means to stop him. he's making a big mistake. the terrible part is, is that we have some great footage if it's edited and mixed properly of some interesting shows. the version he's putting out there is very amateurish and doesn't reflect the usual work, time, style and quality of finished product that we like to produce. of course it doesn't, because he did this against our wishes. he was not forced, or coerced into signing a contract. he's trying to make this a "big deal" to get some recognition, which reminds me of a singer of a band i know. the white stripes own the film %100. he asked us if he could show that film. we said "no not yet" in so many words. he did it anyway. illegal.

III

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users