28 replies to this topic

#21 CHEEKY

CHEEKY

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 07:59 PM

Hey $$$ Jack $$$ why not do Effect and Cause for the Black Lives Matter movement, the Anti-Gun movement or the White Privilege movement ?

:P   

#22 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,684 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:19 AM

Have any supporters from any of those movements made unauthorized use of one of Jack's songs in a video supporting their cause?  The selling of this t-shirt struck me more as a statement that he was pissed off than that he wanted to make a little extra cash. Sort of a "You want to use one of my songs to promote that asshole? Let me show you a better one" kind of thing. Y'know?

#23 angelos

angelos

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,002 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 08:04 AM

Exactly.

#24 CHEEKY

CHEEKY

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:14 PM

:lol:

Well he showed him !!!

Recycled or just polished off old goods lately from him. That shirt included. 

But with every chance to set himself on fire, he just ends up doing the same thing. 

http://giphy.com/gif...e-DHkZ6XZbidy5G

#25 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,684 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:59 PM

Uh-huh. That record pressing plant being built up in Detroit sure is "doing the same thing."  But if he ain't doin' what you want him to do, then what he's doin' ain't worthwhile, right?

#26 CHEEKY

CHEEKY

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 02:22 PM

As far as JW music... Yes not doing what I want. He can do what he wants, but as a fan of 'his' music, nothing coming out worthwhile to me, in my little opinion.

Lots of artists do this after they get the golden ticket so I'm not blaming him for doing what he chooses to do that's worthwhile to him. Just sad to a rabid fan base, who loved his WS/Racs sound, not get any of it anymore.

All that's offered is "good shit" now repackaged old "good shit" . Can't please all of the people all of time.

As for the shirt I still look at it as another repackage without much of a desired impact of "showing him".

#27 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,845 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 05:22 PM

He put out a new album as recently as two years ago, and -- heaven forbid! -- released a compilation album while he takes an extended break from touring, to recharge his batteries.  If he only puts out compilations for the next five-to-ten years, there might be something to be said there.  Otherwise, eh.

Edited by J.C., 28 October 2016 - 05:28 PM.

#28 CHEEKY

CHEEKY

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:57 PM

eh, yes that sums it up nicely. 

#29 angelos

angelos

White Blood Cells

• Members