16104 replies to this topic

#16101 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,303 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 07:40 AM

Read this on Facebook on the NYT page this morning: "If you thought Rami Malek’s teeth were big in “Bohemian Rhapsody,” consider this: They could have been even bigger. One set of prosthetic choppers were the actual size of Freddie Mercury’s teeth, but they were a little too large for Malek’s face."  Interesting!

I almost spit out my coffee :lol:!!! I could not imagine in a million but interesting yes!!! Thanks for that.

He thought it was really funny. I don't think I've met a person who hasn't enjoyed it... 
We're curious about the series, but we don't have Hulu to stream it.

I was wondering about the series as well, no Hulu but thinking about a trial run RBG is on Hulu and I want to see that doc really bad. Oh and the HM Tale is on as well and I'd like to see what all the boasting is about.

Hereditary. disappointing. I was looking forward to some decent horror, but this was just stupid once a certain character was killed off.

Kat, you're not missing anything with the Fargo series. It didn't make much sense and although I watched it, I can't remember a thing about it. 

I really enjoyed Bohemian Rhapsody. Frankly, not many of the films this year are very interesting to me. Blakklansman was terrific. First Reformed also. But I don't even want to spend any $ to see Vice or any of the others. I'll have a lot to watch on netflix, cable, etc. next year.

Fargo sounds really bad :(. I was kinda excited about that one but when you think of it, really hard act to follow.

Anyhoo, I loved Green Book and On the Basis of Sex.

#16102 Kat Saunders

Kat Saunders

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,344 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:01 PM

paddington

#16103 stripes42

stripes42

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,863 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 08:20 PM

Yesterday.

I thought it was a lovely homage to the Beatles’ music. very entertaining. I also loved Rocketman. the music of my life. both of them.

#16104 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 06:11 AM

Fran and Kat --

The Fargo series is terrific, and I'd argue the second season is better than the film, and one of the best seasons of television in recent memory.  It's critically-acclaimed across the board, and won a shit ton of awards.  The show seems a little cartoony at first (then again, so did the movie), but deepens considerably as it goes along.

The Coens said they weren't going to put their names on the show as executive producers if it wasn't a quality production, and they did, which should give you some indication as to its merit.

The show is artfully-composed, very well-written and -acted,  purposefully whimsical at times, and has a tremendous soundtrack.  Between that show and Legion, to me, Noah Hawley (originally a novelist and playwright) is among the finest showrunners on television.

Getting back on-topic (for the movie thread), I found Bohemian Rhapsody to be a by-the-numbers rock biopic that didn't do justice to Freddy Mercury's uniqueness and eccentricity whatsoever.  It actually hits almost all the same dramatic beats as the biopic parody Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story which, while very silly, was way smarter and more incisive about its material than BR.  Rocketman looks enjoyable, and more creative, though.

Edited by J.C., 17 July 2019 - 03:13 PM.

#16105 Kat Saunders

Kat Saunders

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,344 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 04:41 PM

Good to know about Fargo.

I watched Babyface. A good, pre-code Barbara Stanwyck!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users